cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered, expected 2mb - but got 1mb!

N/A

When I placed my order, it said I could have up to 2mb broadband. Seeing that my exchange is two houses away, I should think my line can handle 2mb easily.
Now my broadband has been enabled, I find they have put me on 1mb, not 2mb like the sign up said! Evil I might expect 1mb if line quality is bad but I am two houses away from the exchange.

I requested it to be changed and they want to charge me 14.99 to regrade! :shock:
What a damned rip off. Plusnet want to charge me for a regrade because they gave me the wrong connection speed. Sad
What the hell are they playing at. Is this a common occurance?

Its bad enough that the p2p, usenet, etc are unusable from their stupid prioritisation service which is completely inaccurately described on their sign up. But now just to add another kick in the teath, they gave me the wrong connection speed and want to charge me for correcting it. Evil Evil Evil
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Locking in favour of this one -
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34636

Where the exact issue is being discussed.

Chris
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Does your modem/router show the line stats for your line? I can place a free regrade for you, but I'd really need to see what stats the line has before doing anything.

Edit: Chris must have locked this after I hit reply, so if you can post the stats in the other thread or in a ticket we can take a look into it for you.
Community Veteran

Sorry Dave, This one is locked Smiley

To the OP, please direct your answer to the thread indicated above.

Chris