cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to keep Contact Us Tickets with the same operator

daveyb
Grafter

For more involved Contact Us Tickets it would be very good to be able to keep the ticket with the same operator as, although the history is recorded on the ticket, there is no substitute for replying to someone who's been attempting something particular.

I assume the reason this doesn't happen is to make sure tickets don't "sit" if someone isn't in for a day but this could easily be overcome. It just needs a tick box on the Contact Us form (ticked by default if you like) that says "Assign to the first available operator". Where there is an ongoing, none time critical problem, we can untick the box if we'd prefer the same operator to keep dealing with it, even if this does mean a slightly longer response time. I for one would even be happy for you to exclude such tickets from your average closure/response time stats if you like.

Thanks, David
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Sounds like a god idea to me, especially if you get someone like Phil who knows what they're talking about :razz:
csogilvie
Grafter

IIRC staff can 'take control' of a ticket themselves, meaning that they are dealing with it. Bit annoying when they go on holiday though Wink
N/A

Hi there,

We can indeed take controll of any ticket at any time, this is not always ideal though as some of us work odd shifts and if you guys had the option to "force" a ticket onto a particular agent then you run the risk of hitting it either just before or during their days off or as allready pointed out even a holiday!

Then you have to factor in sickness and other commitments meaning that it could result in delays with your issue.

All the CSC agents here are fully equipped to deal with any request barring any training issues with relatively new staff and the certain knowledge that only experience can bring.
MrToast
Grafter

Such an optional request for a ticket to remain with the same staff member through its life could have a 'timeout' to cope with absence. Also the customer could still retain the ability to recind the request so making the ticket open to all CS staff again.
N/A

Surely the idea of a ticket is that all information is written to it? This creates a scenario where any member of customer support can pick it up seamlessly. In theory. Fair enough if you are asked for clarification, but you should never be asked to repeat yourself. For this to work though, the Support Team must actually READ the ticket before coming back to you. Easy huh? Evidently not easy enough for PlusNet, if my experience is anything to go by.