cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opting out of MaxDSL

N/A

Opting out of MaxDSL

In May, I put in a request to PN (through the customer question link) to opt out of MaxDSL. I've had no response from PN.

Has anyone else requested an opt-out and had a response? BT has told me my line won't support anything above 512. I was automatically upgraded to 1mb about a year ago and spent nearly six months without an internet connection, wrangling with PN and BT to get my line downgraded again.

I really don't want to go through that again, as I have a nice, stable connection. After reading some of the horror stories on here about people having problems with MaxDSL, I'd rather do without.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Opting out of MaxDSL

I wouldn't step up quite so fast to opt out if I were you...
I was also told I couldn't get more than 512k, and even when I had that it was usually about 250k. Post MaxDSL upgrade my line sings along at 2.5Mbs more than happily most of the time. Perhaps you may find a similar experience.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Opting out of MaxDSL

Hi,

With the bulk regrade tool closed for the last couple of weeks the opt out tickets haven't been checked (they are processed by our developers who auto-close them and create a list of usernames), with the regrade tool now back open again they should be processed this week.
N/A

Opting out of MaxDSL

Thanks for replying