cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimism fading fast - No one helps..

N/A

I've never been able to connect.
Serious problem? Obviously not according to PlusNet.

Nobody at PlusNet has contacted me regarding this problem for a while now.

The money came off my credit card 3 weeks ago.
I've been "activated" (hah!) for 2 over weeks now.

I have not had a single connection to the PlusNet Broadband Service.

I have stopped recommending PlusNet to my clients.
Traffic-shaping ?
Dunno...never been online to experience it...

If PlusNet can't even get me connected, what's the service going to be like when I finally do?

My PlusNet relationship has not started well.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you dont mind relaying the story to us on here, perhaps we can offer some help?

There may be some people on here that have experienced the same symptoms and could offer advice?

worth a shot?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm sorry the service hasn't worked from the get go, looking at the fault history BT Wholesale believed that the fault had been fixed, but clearly it isn't working for you yet. At the moment it's back in the hands of BT are they are still investigating it and as soon as we get any information from them we'll update the ticket.
I can say though that as the service has never worked so long as the fault is BT's side then we can raise an Early Life Failure (ELF) with them once you're online so that you wouldn't be paying for the time the service didn't work.
Community Veteran

and if it's on your side the OP will get a refund anyhow? I think it would only be fair.
N/A

First of all, Dave - thanks for looking into this for me. Much appreciated...I thought I was fading into the helpdesk woodwork...Cheers.

Chesterfield
I have tried all combinations of PC and Laptop with BT voyager 105 and SpeedTouch USB modems in both tel. sockets (including Master behind the NTE5)
I don't think there's much else I can try...(Netgear 834G coming soon).

Daniel
Sorry for ignorance Shockedops: , but what's the OP? If it's BT, then all I can say is that I haven't done ant extra tel. wiring in the house and I have also tried a connection directly through the Master (as stated above), so any House wiring shouldn't be a factor, yes?

Thanks for the feedback guys, feeling bit better now...
N/A

OP - original poster afaik

afaik - as far as i know

:lol:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

and if it's on your side the OP will get a refund anyhow? I think it would only be fair.

In this sort of case yes I would expect that happen as they only time I can think no sync problem would occur that we would have directly caused is if we placed the order on the wrong phone number. A no sync fault means there is a problem at some point between the customers equipment and BT's exchange. Anything after that is out of the equation for this sort of the problem.
Community Veteran

I must have been in thick mode there, I read you post saying about if it's a BT problem and forgot that sync is almost always a BT problem. Any way correc answer.
Community Veteran

hearne99, It would appear from Daves post above that the fault seems to be on the BT side of your conection and not with your kit.

Perhaps when you get th router you could see what the line figures are like and pass those on to PN in case it helps move stuff along.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it with your ADSL, I'm sure it will be sorted eventually though.

Have you had an engineer visit?
N/A

No no...

Sync has been fine since activation.

All I ever get is repeated login failures resulting in a 721 Error.
No login attempts ever register at the PlusNet end...

I have tried the 2 BT test logins also - nada.

I have even attached my PPP log to the ticket.

:?
N/A

hearne99, you can cancel you plusNET account under the distance selling act in the first 7 working days, so long as the line has not become activated, with no charges at all. This is what Trading Standards told me.

In light of PlusNETS recent behaviour and the attrocious customer support, I'd be seriously contemplating taking this get out route.