cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Ticket - How Long?

N/A

Open Ticket - How Long?

Just wondering what other peoples experience is at the moment - after all the hype about starting to get it right re us the customer.
Mine is about to hit 72 hours and its not a difficult question just an acknowledgement that my request to go ahead with a max upgrade has been received - hardly taxing stuff.
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Open Ticket - How Long?

For the Max Opt In tickets, there can be a delay of up to two weeks for them to be acknowledged, this is detailed on the trails.plus.net wizard where you go to raise these tickets. This is because the tickets aren't handled by the CSC, but are rather closed off by one of the developers so we can collect the information and raise orders to BT.
N/A

Open Ticket - How Long?

thanks for that the confusion came about because when you submit it you get told the average time for a response.
N/A

Open Ticket - How Long?

Reporting this "average time for a response" seems to be an idea past its "sell by" date... The problem is that while it might have made sense some time back (I have not been with PN since the start, so no idea when it was first included) it no longer does, when different departments have different levels of work, or might not be working weekends, or 24x7, and other instances, such as this, where there will be several days before a response (OK, automatic closure) might be expected.

From memory, when I submitted an LLU opt-out and later when I submitted a "queue jump" request, the tickets were automatically closed without further notes on them. I hope when these tickets are closed nowadays you get some sort of note within them that says "your request has been noted" (mine said something rather less clear, like "closed by script" which to me might have also meant "... and ignored by Plus.Net")

Hopefully PN could just remove the reporting of the "average time" without it being too much to do for the Development team (eg commenting out the bit that writes it for the browser ?). Don't know whether people still get the same less than clear "ticket closed" type message like I saw... At least the "wizard" has been updated to warn of it taking a while... certainly it was a few days for me (and in the end I had moved before PN got round to doing my speed increase).
N/A

Open Ticket - How Long?

I'm getting tired of the poor response to tickets too.

Perhaps if PlusNet put effort into real customer support instead of pumping out (downright misleading) marketing hype about how good it's service is we would get somewhere.

What is the point of encouraging customers to use on-line help instead of the telephone, and publish both average and target response times if these don't actually mean anything in practice?

In the three and a half years I've been with PlusNet, everything has been great when working properly, but customer service response has always been poor, and is NOT getting any better.