Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Day Planning

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Open Day Planning

You may remember that we announced in Vision for 2007 that we intend to have an open day:

http://www.plus.net/features/news/plans2007.shtml

Well, the planning is well under way and we're currently looking at what people would be interested in seeing or hearing or doing.

So with that in mind we'd like to hear suggestions that people may have if they were to visit their ISP what they'd like to see. Would you like to see one of the server rooms? Or talk to Neil Armstrong about the future of traffic management? Or anything else you'd like to see or talk to us about.

We'll post details shortly about how to take part so this goes out to anyone.
20 REPLIES
N/A

Open Day Planning

The more about the hardware and networking side of it, the happier I'd be- that said it'd probably bore the vast majority of those attending (PN's "techy" user base not withstanding).
Isitme
Grafter

Open Day Planning

Do you think Neil could tell us about his walk on the Moon Wink Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Open Day Planning

There's always one isn't there? Cheesy :roll:

Seriously, we want to find a good balance between giving as much techy info as required/wanted, and making sure it's not boring for the less techy users.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Open Day Planning

The more about the hardware and networking side of it, the happier I'd be- that said it'd probably bore the vast majority of those attending (PN's "techy" user base not withstanding).

We can always split the day up and split the things up that you see so maybe one group can do really techy stuff and another group do something else.
avalon
Grafter

Open Day Planning

Well a presentation on what the future will hold wouldn't go wrong. 21CN, RIN, WBBC, IPTV, and any other random strings of capital leters you can think of. :lol:

Something on the e-mail systems and the issues surrounding the problems and their solutions.

How about a tour of a tickets life. A visit to the various departments to solve an imaginary line problem. Start in the CS centre with one of the comms phoning in to report an unstable line. Show the diasgnostic process right through to the end walking through the various departments and showing their part in solving the problem.

Let me know how many days the event is held over and I'll come up with a few more ideas to fill them. :lol:
Community Veteran

Open Day Planning

Show the room that houses the "Hell-acoyas" please.
I am so interested in them, that I may ask you to leave me alone with them for a while! <packs hammer> Tongue :lol:

Will there be any beer and bacon butties?

Would it be interesting to see a BT central? ........ Probably not! :? :lol: (Mind you it may be interesting to see the one that is being brought in atm).

Is this gig by invite only btw?
carrot63
Grafter

Open Day Planning

I am so interested in them, that I may ask you to leave me alone with them for a while! <packs hammer> Tongue :lol:

Top man!
Username
Grafter

Open Day Planning

After the open day, I'd like to leave knowing that you are committed to quickly sorting out any problems that arise, and you are dedicated in providing a reliable stable service. I can then continue to recommend PlusNet to my clients, without wondering if I'm doing the correct thing...
Liam
Grafter

Open Day Planning

Top man!

Unfortunately not. They reside in London :-)
AndyMan
Grafter

Open Day Planning

Is this gig by invite only btw?

Yeah , 10,000 invites and only one doorway to cram everyone through .. sound familiar .. Cheesy
James
Grafter

Open Day Planning

I believe that it's going to be on a first come, first served request basis.
carrot63
Grafter

Open Day Planning

Unfortunately not. They reside in London :-)

So do I - if you've got the address I'll bring my own hammer. Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Open Day Planning

http://www.telehouse.net/uk.asp#
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Open Day Planning

Perhaps some sessions with various staff describing their role within the company?