cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Only 10 day cookie on Referral Banner**

N/A

**Only 10 day cookie on Referral Banner**

Be aware that Plusnet are still insistent on putting an incredibly short expiry of only TEN DAYS on the cookies that are left as a result of somebody clicking on a Plusnet referral banner on your page.

Has anybody seen this within any small print anywhere? No.

Come on Plusnet, give us a chance!

2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: **Only 10 day cookie on Referral Banner**

> Be aware that Plusnet are still insistent on putting an incredibly short expiry of only TEN DAYS on the cookies that are left as a result of somebody clicking on a Plusnet referral banner on your page.
>
> Has anybody seen this within any small print anywhere? No.
>
> Come on Plusnet, give us a chance!
>
>
Good Afternoon,

This topic has been discussed previously (although some time ago). The expiry was originally set to 7 days however this was increased to 10 days following feedback from customers. There are no plans to increase it further, it is considered bad practice to set cookies with lengthy expiry times. Don't forget you can also refer people by asking them to enter your username during signup.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

RE: **Only 10 day cookie on Referral Banner**

HERE'S A LAUGH:
"it is considered bad practice to set cookies with lengthy expiry times"
It's only bad practice for people who offer referral schemes who don't mention their cookie length. What IS good practice for referral (or "affiliate" schemes) to state the commission structure and the cookie length.

Let's stick to facts, shall we. From data from www.tradedoubler.com you will find that 42% of their 170 companies that they run an affiliate scheme for have cookie lengths of 30 days. Also, 22% of these companies have cookie lengths of 14 days, and over 12% offer cookie lengths of 90 days to a year-plus.. These companies are reputable, many blue-chip let's hope that you're not saying that they are conducting "bad practice". I don't think they'd be too happy to hear that.

I repeat myself again, the cookie length of only 10 days is not only unfair, but also because it's not mentioned anywhere.

I repeat my question AGAIN then:
> > Has anybody seen this within any small print anywhere? No.