cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online usage stats

N/A

Online usage stats

While very pleased with the level of service from PlusNet, I do have one (small) gripe.
The online usage is not very accurate, in the fact that it takes several days to catch up. Why is this?

The online usage monitor that Clara uses, gives the online times up until your last logon, can you not implement something similar?

I am on the Std Connect package £14.99 which allows up to 40hrs a week, but I've gone over this a couple of times because of the incorrect/slow online usage stats

For example, last weeks usage is not yet complete as Sunday has not been added yet, but, when I checked on Saturday, it said I had used just over 25hrs Mon-Fri, so I calculated around 14hrs left. I did use it fair amount on Saturday (online games), and not quite so much on Sunday, but I didn't use 14hrs worth. I now find on checking, that the times for Friday have gone from 6hrs odd to 9hrs oddHuh How is this?

Surely when each day is done, it's done? Not add some more later to confuse people Sad

--
Epox 8K7A+ | AXP1600 @ 1.627GHz | Taisol 760 | 512Mb Crucial DDR | 64Mb Sparkle GF2 Ti @ 275/490 | SB Live 5.1 | 60Gb IBM Deskstar 60GXP | Windows XP Pro
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Online usage stats

Good Afternoon,

The only reason it may alter the amount is if the session lasts past midnight.

I'll have to get clarification on that for you.

The current system is about 24 hours behind, we are working on an updated system that will be near real time.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant   for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

RE: Online usage stats

> The online usage is not very accurate, in the fact that it takes several days to catch up. Why is this?
> Surely when each day is done, it's done? Not add some more later to confuse people Sad

Hi there,
Just to confirm, the `view my usage` data is actually up to 48 hours behind. As Duncan stated previously, work is being done to implement a system that will report more up-to-date information.

Regards,

--
Nigel Airey Unmetered & ADSL solutions
Customer Support Advisor for Home & Business
PlusNet Technologies Ltd @http://www.plus.net
-- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --