cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Gaming

N/A

Online Gaming

I have been unable to use my broadband for one of its purposes... online gaming I finish work at 5PM every day and head home hoping todo some gaming however when I get home 6PM I am unable play because the lag is so bad and I get disconnected (its a bonus if I can actually get to the stage where I lag and dc)

Surely this is not right... I can understand some speed issues during peak times but what im getting is terrible, can someone run a line test or look into this issue... my connection is becoming unusable
20 REPLIES
Azagoth
Grafter

Online Gaming

Join the club! It seems that Plusnet just don't care about the quite obvious speed problems that more than a few customers are experiencing.

For over a week now the peak time speeds have been absolutely dire for BB+ users. Yet Plusnet are refusing to rectify it, or that's how it seems anyway.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Online Gaming

Hi,

What game or games is it that you are playing? Do you notice any other problems with speeds or lag on other things such as browsing?

Can you run a tracert to the game server you are playing on to see if there's any lag outside of the game?
N/A

Online Gaming

I am strongly tempted to thrown money at this problem :lol: and migrate away. What use is broadband when I get the same... if not better service from dialup... before my house move was completed I used dialup access for a week or two and I was pleasently supprised by the speed... thats really sad and says something about plusnet, when Im happy to downgrade to 56k

sheesh! I JUST WANNA SHOOT SOME PEOPLE!
N/A

Online Gaming

1. Helbreath (2D MMORPG)
2. PKR Poker (Online Poker) [can't connect to game rooms]
3. Enemy Territory (3D FPS) [super lag on all servers]

Those are my three main games atm, none have ever been problomatic until reccently
Pathfinder
Grafter

Online Gaming

Add Quake III to that list. My ping has doubled in the last 2 weeks.

Oh and the frequent disconnections are back as well. Just what you need in the middle of a game.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Online Gaming

I can't see a specific rule for those games in the Ellacoya database, so it might be that they aren't being picked up correctly. Can you raise a ticket please with the details about the games and include the ports they use and list any servers that you play on and we can investigate this for you.
N/A

Online Gaming

Over 55% of Live for Speed servers are unusable during peak due to pings in the thousands. There is no way to determine which ports they are using.
Being restricted as to where i can race is completely unfair, wouldnt you agree?
Surely its time for this system to be changed. It is unworkable in reality.
I usually play lesser known, niche market sims, servers on all of them can pretty much use any ports...most of them are unidentifiable.
Are you going to start requesting ports for every server? how can this be practical for either Plusnet or it's customers?
hitachi
Grafter

Online Gaming

That was the reason I changed to payg stuart I think I had about 6 servers listed pinging less than 2000,now the highest on the list is 240 and that is in australia.
N/A

Online Gaming

I also find Colin McRae Rally problematic.

Is there a rule for this? Hosting games is completely impossible.
N/A

Online Gaming

That was the reason I changed to payg stuart

Thanks for your reply.
It's clearly looking as though BB+ users are being forced to join PAYG to do anything on the net then.
£50 says BB+ will not exist after the product refresh in a few weeks then.
fistsbs
Grafter

Online Gaming

I have been unable to play online games for last 6 day becasuse of very very slow internet. I can not even login into novaworld to play Joint Operations.
N/A

Online Gaming

I also find Colin McRae Rally problematic.

So do i.....the problem is it's shit Wink :lol:

Do yourself a favour and buy Richard Burns Rally. Discover the joys of a real sim Cool

Sorry..not helpful at all i know.

There doesn't appear to be a profile for it in the list of games. I suggest finding out which ports it uses and raising a ticket to support.
Then sit back and wait for several months for PN to do something about it.

Or you could always sign up for PAYG Tongue :lol:
N/A

Online Gaming

So do i.....the problem is it's <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a> Wink :lol: Do yourself a favour and buy Richard Burns Rally. Discover the joys of a real sim Cool

Hehe, but it's easy :-) and I like being able to just 'drive' about like a joyriding teenager lol. Besides, it runs well on my PC... and I suspect Richard Burns Rally needs a better card than a Radeon 9600?

There doesn't appear to be a profile for it in the list of games. I suggest finding out which ports it uses and raising a ticket to support.

What, don't Codemasters (who make CMR) publish ellacoya signaturesHuh ;-)

Then sit back and wait for several months for PN to do something about it.

No need, I'm off in LESS THAN A WEEK!!! :-D

Or you could always sign up for PAYG Tongue :lol:

I would rather install pins in my eyes... lol.
N/A

Online Gaming

and I suspect Richard Burns Rally needs a better card than a Radeon 9600?

Naa, should run ok. It used to run on my ti4400, not all the eye candy mind you. I can turn it all up on a 9700pro with a athlonxp2400 chip, so it's not that demanding. But it's not for the impatient Wink and only really comes into its own with a wheel/pedals.

No need, I'm off in LESS THAN A WEEK!!! :-D

Ahh, joy Smiley i think a few wont be far behind.

I would rather install pins in my eyes... lol.

I can understand that point of view Wink