cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Email Problems

N/A

Ongoing Email Problems

I'm having ongoing problems with my email, getting error messages such as the below:

The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 212.159.10.1 (212.159.10.1:110), connect error 10060', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Does anyone have any idea why this keeps happening?

D
5 REPLIES
N/A

Ongoing Email Problems

I still appear to be having problems.

I've sent out a few test emails and they've arrived quickly, but incoming emails are still not arriving - or arriving very late. :?

Plusnet's seeming inability to sort out something as fundamental as email is making think about leaving them for the first time in over three years.

[edit] that sounds a bit melodramatic- I'm merely trying to emphasise that a little more reassurance from PN that this problem will be solved once and for all would be most welcome.
RobDickson
Grafter

Ongoing Email Problems

We are now confident that the email servers are under control, and mail is now being delivered normally.
I think that this sounds as reassuring as it's possible to be.
Community Veteran

Ongoing Email Problems

I'm still having problems with e-mails not being delivered or delivered very late. I've just raised a support question on this.

Bob
RobDickson
Grafter

Ongoing Email Problems

There should have been a service update about 2 hours ago, and we're still waiting. I'm less convinced than I was yesterday.

I don't seem to be having much luck with e-mails at the moment. When I diverted my incoming e-mails from PlusNet's servers to BTOpenworld's servers, look what happened:

http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/business/help/ss/0,,Narrowband_0_5_BTCTB_Home,00.html
N/A

Ongoing Email Problems

My emails are taking at best several hours to be delivered and I'm aware of one that was sent on Sunday that hasn't arrived yet. I placed a call yesterday that so far has only received an automated response, in spite of the current stats saying that calls are being closed in under 6 hours.

Outages, poor performing web space and now no useable email. This is way below an acceptable service. PlusNet can't support the customers it already has, and yet ploughs on with its sales effort to recruit more. Too many accountants and not enough service people, I think.