cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One way to migrate

N/A

One way to migrate

http://www.getadsl.co.uk/migration.htm

I'll have to pay a bit more for a static IP but then I don't really need that as long as DNS does it's job. And I never really used the webspace much.
I just want a stable decent copnnection. These guys have solid results in the adslguide comparison chart so...

Anyone coming with me?
13 REPLIES
N/A

RE: One way to migrate

> http://www.getadsl.co.uk/migration.htm
sounds good to me...but what if your stuck in a 1 year contract with plusnet?
--
N/A

> > http://www.getadsl.co.uk/migration.htm
> sounds good to me...but what if your stuck in a 1 year contract with plusnet?
>
> --
>

What like me? You too?

We have to ask plus net to behave in a reasonable and ethical manner toward their customers considering their service failure.

N/A

Sorry guys but i feel you are making a mistake to migrate.

If you look at my past posts, you will see that i have not had the best service, and i have complained many a time.

But i am still here and even the last few days didnt even bother me. It a general fault that has been sorted. WHat if it happens elsewhere, move again?

Plusnet, you are on the ball now chaps
N/A

> Sorry guys but i feel you are making a mistake to migrate.
>
> If you look at my past posts, you will see that i have not had the best service, and i have complained many a time.
>
> But i am still here and even the last few days didnt even bother me. It a general fault that has been sorted. WHat if it happens elsewhere, move again?
>
>

I think the major problem is the lack of updates etc. I really can't understand how they could have left a memory upgrade to the last minute. Maybe if they provided us with information of why this happened, we may be a little happier.

Nildram have problems, but the vast majority of their users are happy. The only reason i can imagine this is true, is because they keep their customers informed.

N/A

Am i missing something or what. We only had a few days of connection problems didnt we. I thought it was quite well controlled for a problem of that scale.

Chill peeps. You back online now.
N/A

> Am i missing something or what. We only had a few days of connection problems didnt we. I thought it was quite well controlled for a problem of that scale.
>
> Chill peeps. You back online now.

Look. I had this adsl for about 2 weeks. For the first 2 the upstream is so dead I can hardly post the company mail server and too slow too upload to company source code control system. It was just useless. Then I found the solution on Saturday from Zen! The come sunday the crash crash crash starts. Chill?! You must be joking. I am furious.

N/A

I can understand where you coming from m8. But trust me, getting furious does not help. I understand that things need to be done which need a connection running, but getting annoyed does not solve this. If you need to take legal action and change your ISP aswell then go for it. As I have found out though, no-matter how much you shout or post or mail or phone, the same outcome will occure. And as it is a fault like this, the outcome can only happen when fixed.

But moving on, now this is fixed, are you happy with service? Please do not include the last 2 weeks as judgement
N/A

> I can understand where you coming from m8. But trust me, getting furious does not help. I understand that things need to be done which need a connection running, but getting annoyed does not solve this. If you need to take legal action and change your ISP aswell then go for it.

> As I have found out though, no-matter how much you shout or post or mail or phone, the same outcome will occure. And as it is a fault like this, the outcome can only happen when fixed.

I assume this is your experience of plus net?

>
> But moving on, now this is fixed, are you happy with service? Please do not include the last 2 weeks as judgement

I will let you know in 2 weeks time when I will average over four weeks. Seems fair enuf!
N/A

I do really hope you do become happier with the service. I have nothing to gain from saying Plusnet are doing a good job, no more than saying that Plusnet used a credit card for payment without the owners permission.

But I do have major concern for consumers like myself. I am strongly against companies basically trapping customers and making money for nothing. I also dont expect something for nothing.

Just give them a chance, and I`d say that 2 more weeks should sort it.
N/A

> http://www.getadsl.co.uk/migration.htm
>
> I'll have to pay a bit more for a static IP but then I don't really need that as long as DNS does it's job. And I never really used the webspace much.
> I just want a stable decent copnnection. These guys have solid results in the adslguide comparison chart so...
>
> Anyone coming with me?

*************REPOST************

Plusnet must have thousands of customers. I see about 10-20 complaining about service issues..if that. So what percentage are really complaining? My gues would be less than 1%. Which is pretty good in my opinion. Best of luck to u guys with problems, I hope u get them sorted out. I am happy with my connection now since the 2nd upgrade and about last night......shite happens Smiley

Homerlovesbeer
N/A

Well said that Beer Lover
N/A

> Well said that Beer Lover

LOL thanks Karl.....we seem to be chasing each other all over the forum heheheh....see you in the next post Cheesy

Homerlovesbeer
mmmmmmm...can't get enough of that wonderful Duff
N/A

Well said, the whingers are always more vocal than the satified customers!

So what if we have had a couple of days or weeks worth of intermitent connections! What differance has it made to us really? i can still get a 52Kb/sec download from winamp.com now so what does it matter!?

I've had more tempremental connections with 56k, and god knows how many isps! Keep up the good work plusnet!

> > Well said that Beer Lover
>
> LOL thanks Karl.....we seem to be chasing each other all over the forum heheheh....see you in the next post Cheesy
>
>
> Homerlovesbeer
> mmmmmmm...can't get enough of that wonderful Duff

--
Turtel
PHP because ASP is for WEANIES
http://www.turtels.cjb.net