cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One strike and your OUT!!, F9 admits error in SUP guide

ukbrown
Grafter

"Customers who download too much, will be given several chances to adjust their usage behaviour before speed restrictions are applied to their service. "

Actioned : Dear Mr Brown,
That part of the SUP guide may not be worded correctly in respect of the way we are now applying the policy.

Regards,
[Moderator's name ukfmonline: CSA Removed]

Yet another fine mess. Congratulations F9 on your attempts to implement a good idea in the worst possible and most alienating way you could
7 REPLIES
ukbrown
Grafter

Please state how you plan to manage your usage more effectiv

And they want to know how you are going to moderate your usage as well before they lift restrictions. This again is not part of the terms and conditions.

Has Germany invaded, Force9 Huh

Please state how you plan to manage your usage more effectively.

Regards,
[Moderator's name ukfmonline: CSA Removed]
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The removal of any user from any of the managed profiles is an option that we can allow you to take however it is not something that we have to do.

Before we remove any such management from an account we need to be assured by that customer that they are aware of the levels we have set out and will moderate their usage to fit in with these levels.

There is no point removing the management if the customer is just going to continue to use their connection in a manner that impacts on the experience of other customers.

Please also avoid using inflammatory comments in your posts as they can cause offence to other forum users.
N/A

Re: Please state how you plan to manage your usage more effe

Please state how you plan to manage your usage more effectively.

This reminds me of being in school, this is worse than I thought, they really don't care about their customers if the are going to make you beg for your service.

benbrown posted to me in another thread that it was a simple matter of raising a ticket to get restrictions removed for a first time offence (thats the excuse given in response to criminalising people who haven't even been told the rules). It seems it's not as simple as that if you have to start writing lines to the teacher, begging forgiveness, making them feel even more humilliated when they didn't even know they were breaking your laws.
ukbrown
Grafter

Please explain the levels you have set out and the ways and means I have of monitoring peak time usage.

It is plain to most people that you are digging a hole you cannot get out of. You impose daraconian measures and we have no way of measuring peak time usage.

Stop digging.
Rewrite your SUP policy so it spells out exactly what will happen to first time offenders.
Make sure that you have removed my restrictions as promised on the 20th. Only since I have started asking questions have you asked how I am going to reduce my usage.

Seems like a bullying tactic to me!!
N/A

Before we remove any such management from an account we need to be assured by that customer that they are aware of the levels we have set out and will moderate their usage to fit in with these levels.

How is the user supposed to monitor his/ her usage without the correct tool in the portal? This ruling should never have been allowed to happen without a customer being able to check their usage. F9 have been promising this VMU meter will be available "SOON" for over a month now. Another F9 dictionary definition for "SOON" is required I think.

Please also avoid using inflammatory comments in your posts as they can cause offence to other forum users.

I must have missed those unless they have been censored out?

Mark
ukbrown
Grafter

I mentioned a foreign country in an earlier post.
N/A

Oh yes, so you did. I was too busy reading the important parts of the posts and didn't notice.

Mark