cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of PLus Nets mail server blacklisted

trigat
Grafter

I think one of plus net mail servers has been blacklisted by dsbl.org, we have started receiving bounce backs errors, for example.

user@domain.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<user@domain.com>:
host mail.domain.com [81.27.99.100]: 554 Blacklisted by Multihop, mail rejected by our mail server. (mail received from
212.159.14.132)

and

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

admin@domain.co.uk
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<admin@domain.co.uk>:
host mail.domain.co.uk [70.86.137.194]: 554 The IP Address of the sender (212.159.14.132) was found in a DNS blacklist database and was therefore refused.
5 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Can you please raise a ticket with the full headers so that our network team can get this resolved?

If you want to post the ticket number I'll get this passed straight over to them for you.
TomMelly
Grafter

Heh - this doesn't surprise me.

Sometime ago, I wrote a perl-script to check my mail on plusnet's server, delete anything with [-SPAM-] in the subject, and to check other mail-header IPs against various blacklists, and delete any positives.

During testing, all mail returned bad from one blacklist (can't remember which), and it soon became apparent that it was the final PN IP that was the problem.

Presumably some naughty customers have at one time or another used the cgi platform for inappropriate mailings?
Community Veteran

Hi tomandlu

Have you considered sharing your perl script with the rest of the community, in an open source way.

I am sure that their would be people that would appreciate it.

Chilly
trigat
Grafter

Hi there,

Can you please raise a ticket with the full headers so that our network team can get this resolved?

If you want to post the ticket number I'll get this passed straight over to them for you.

Hi i have already raised a ticket i have just added the full headers to the ticket.

the ticket number is 21933500
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in picking this up for you, I've passed it onto the networks guys to get this sorted.