cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One last favour from PN?

N/A

One last favour from PN?

After years of great service from PN, i have to cancel my account. I am moving, and the new flat is already broadband enabled (part of the deal).
I used to use their IMAP server, and have changed my client address to pop all my mail down. The problem is i would like all my sent mail too.
Is there a way i can get my sent mail which is still on PN's server?

Thanks
6 REPLIES
N/A

One last favour from PN?

Where are you transfering to?

I know that using Outlook Express you can drag and drop mail from different in-boxes.

Set something up and you might be able to do this. Can't 100% guarantee this will work, but try the account anyway (used to work with hotmail, but they no longer support new accounts on Outlook)
N/A

One last favour from PN?

thanks, i will try that and let you know Cheesy
N/A

One last favour from PN?

looks like all my *sent* stuff got lost in the recent e-mail blunder.... Evil
N/A

One last favour from PN?

If you select you Inbox on Outlook Express and the click File-> Properties, you can find where you mail is physically stored on your harddrive. You shoul dbe able to back this file up so that you can import it elsewhere. If you are lucky you might have a backup of some of your mail here....
Community Veteran

One last favour from PN?

Even better (and I suggest this to everyone) is to get outlook express to use a folder of your choice so you can easily back up all your mail without having to search deep into the multi nested folders that it uses by default.

Just create a folder in a convenient location on your hard drive(s) and call it for example "email"
Then open outlook express and select Tools then Accounts then the Maintenance tab.
Select the box labled "Store Folder"
and click on "change"
Navigate to your new "email" folder and select that.

The program will then tell you that next time you log on it will shift all your existing mail to the new folder and will then always use this new folder.

From then on its a doddle to find and back up your mail. Cheesy
N/A

One last favour from PN?

thanks for your help guys, but the sent stuff has gone. Cry