cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Satisfied Customer

N/A

One Satisfied Customer

I just wanted to chime in because I feel the PN team are getting a real slaughtering at the moment.

I've been a customer of PN from the early days, and although I pay the same amount now that I paid back then and I have seen a decrease in service, I'm by no means dissatisfied.

I visit these forums fairly regularly and all I see is constant moaning from people, or people saying that they are going else where. It just seems silly to me that so many people feel that the service they are getting can be exceeded by another company. Last time I checked BT were offering cheap broadband but with crazy download restrictions.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that many people will suffer issues, that's the nature of technology, but the mass of people who come along afterwards moaning about slow p2p speeds, traffic shaping on HTTP. Just let PN do there thing, they've had a hard time and I feel they're working through it very well.

On a final and possibly ironic note, as of the other days traffic management announcement my FTP speeds have been utterly incredible, they weren't slow before, but it's a noticeable difference.
31 REPLIES
Grimbo
Grafter

One Satisfied Customer

Lets have him stuffed.
Firejack
Grafter

Re: One Satisfied Customer

I just wanted to chime in because I feel the PN team are getting a real slaughtering at the moment...
Its not a case of the Plus.net team getting slaughtered. Its Plus.net the company and the management that runs it which is the problem many customers are annoyed with.
Personally I think the Plus.net ground troops do a great job and I'll agree that speeds on FTP have been better in the last week. However we shouldn't ever concede ground and let the management of the company get away with promising one thing and doing another. They aren't delivering on the service they promised. Instead being evasion and spinning the truth.
If Plus.net wanted to they could order additional bandwidth tomorrow morning. The point is they don't want to because they are involved in take-over talks which the management of the company have been planning for many months. Cutting back on the quality of service to make the company profits artificially high and therefore a more attractive deal for potential buyers.
N/A

I just wanted to chime in because I feel the PN team are getting a real slaughtering at the moment.

I've been a customer of PN from the early days, and although I pay the same amount now that I paid back then and I have seen a decrease in service, I'm by no means dissatisfied.

I visit these forums fairly regularly and all I see is constant moaning from people, or people saying that they are going else where. It just seems silly to me that so many people feel that the service they are getting can be exceeded by another company. Last time I checked BT were offering cheap broadband but with crazy download restrictions.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that many people will suffer issues, that's the nature of technology, but the mass of people who come along afterwards moaning about slow p2p speeds, traffic shaping on HTTP. Just let PN do there thing, they've had a hard time and I feel they're working through it very well.

On a final and possibly ironic note, as of the other days traffic management announcement my FTP speeds have been utterly incredible, they weren't slow before, but it's a noticeable difference.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
N/A

One Satisfied Customer

1 happy customer at least...

199,999~ to go then?
N/A

One Satisfied Customer

Can I have some of the drugs that you must be takingHuh?
I am off to a more local ISP, better customer support and no traffic shaping at any time of day. Sure they cap my download at 20GB a month but according to the plusnet usage chart, I've never exceeded 5GB anyway.
And I get a phone package that works. I joined plusnet for good support and stuck with them through there troubles so far but 1KB/S P2P at 11am sucks - so MAC in hand I have left
N/A

One Satisfied Customer

Sounds like u just use your internet connection to browse the web and send a few emails.

Some ppl are even having problems doing that.

The problem is plustnet changed the goalposts withous proper notification and without the option of free migration, wots the point of having a contract if u can just change it willy nilly.

I dunno about you but when i signed up it was being advertised as "unlimited"
N/A

One Satisfied Customer

Me too, and as stated, the deffered charges are trapping us here..
I shouldnt have to pay 70 quid to leave this contract, which is completely different to what I signed up for.
N/A

One Satisfied Customer

...the deffered charges are trapping us here..
I shouldnt have to pay 70 quid to leave this contract, which is completely different to what I signed up for.

If you joined last August you are free to request your MAC, the 12 month contract is over assuming you are a residential customer.

The deferred fees are for you activation, which BT got most of, and the modem, I presume, which would have cost you money anyway. Some ISP's do offer both for free, but not many.

I expect most BB users will have had to pay for activation and hardware at some point, I know I certainly did at a cost of around £100.

Subscribers within a 12 month contract could possibly rely in court on the recent VOIP/Game rate limitations to sever the contract, but the obligation for deferred fees may be upheld.
Grimbo
Grafter

One Satisfied Customer

Just the one by the sound of it!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

One Satisfied Customer

If people don't want to pay the deferred charges for activation I suppose Plusnet could cancel their ADSL allowing them to apply for a new activation with a new ISP - with the associated downtime.

Why should people who don't want to pay for the activation think they should be allowed to transfer the benefit of the activation to another ISP via a migration?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

One Satisfied Customer

Good call Jelv.
N/A

One Satisfied Customer

If people don't want to pay the deferred charges for activation I suppose Plusnet could cancel their ADSL allowing them to apply for a new activation with a new ISP - with the associated downtime.

Why should people who don't want to pay for the activation think they should be allowed to transfer the benefit of the activation to another ISP via a migration?

Wot if plusnet dont remove their "tag" until the defered payments are cleared?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

One Satisfied Customer

I suppose they could remove the tag and pass the debt to a collection agency - if that's the way people want to go. Don't the collection agencies also charge for their expenses in collecting the debt?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

One Satisfied Customer

Yip, thats how they make their money.

Collection fee's can easily outstrip the debt in cases where small amounts are at stake.