cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once again with feeling

N/A

Once again with feeling

Good Morning.

Yes!, I am still trying to get my account changed to Broadband Plus. It would be easier to push an egg back into the chicken. I am getting more convinced that there is a cyber postal box where all my emails addressed to Plusnet Support are accumulating.
Anyway, I have sent a final message to Plusnet Support a few moments ago. A copy follows;-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<Good Morning

This will be sixth request for you to change my account. And as you completely ignored my previous meaage, this will be my last.

Since last April, when the year start-up account ended, I have been trying to change for this original account to Broadband Plus. I have had problems with the automated procedure to make the change to my account, and I cannot see that the procedure is secure.

For seven months now, Plusnet have been taking £10.00p each month from my account, more than I need to pay. This I cannot allow to continue, especially when all that is required by Plusnet is to press a few keys on a keyboard. At one time, because Plusnet has all the relevant details, Support agreed that they would effect the change-over, but, this never occurred.

Now for the last time. Will you please change my account to Broadband Plus? Don't bother with yet another meaningless "ticket". A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice. Then at least I can remain with Plusnet, which is want I want to do, or I can start looking for an alternative ISP, where the word Support, has it's true meaning

Regards

Robert >>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically I am happy with Plusnet, the first year was painless and trouble free. Apart from the occasional dropped line (for whatever reason), I have had no cause for complaint. It is now, when I need the intervention of Support, to do just that, Support, that I have begun to doubt my positive opinion of the company. I do not come on this forum very often, I do have an active life away from the computer <vbg>, but today, reading the number of complaint messages, came as a surprise. I am begining to question how accurate the, so called, rating of ISP actually is.
That aside. If someone at Support actually reads these messages, and has a modicum of authority to take action on behalf of the customers, can they please respond to my message here, and what I have posted to Plusnet Support. Namely, a) change my account to Broadband Plus, and b) reduce the cost of the account from £24+ monthly to £14+.
Oh! and please don't ask me to try the automated system yet again. Each time I try it reports that my application has "failed", and even more worrying, I cannot see why I have to repeat the details of my method of payment, when Plusnet is already using these to drain my account by an excess of £10. per month over the past seven months.

And one last thought. I was included on the recent customers survey. It was not easy to detail exactly ones dissatisfaction with the company, but where appropriate, I did give a condenced version of the above. I wonder if the exercise will do any good?

Regards
6 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Once again with feeling

Hi,

Could you please confirm that you are actually raising this as a ticket on your account, and then responding to any agent questions also via the contact us system. As we don't offer support of any kind via email, and any email we would have sent you, in response to a ticket, should have stated that you need to log back into the website to return the ticket back to us.
N/A

Once More With Feeling

Hi,

Could you please confirm that you are actually raising this as a ticket on your account, and then responding to any agent questions also via the contact us system. As we don't offer support of any kind via email, and any email we would have sent you, in response to a ticket, should have stated that you need to log back into the website to return the ticket back to us.

Thanks for reply.

I have not looked at my emails yet today, but will do so later this evening, and respond to anyhting from Support.

I had not realised that emails sent to the Support team were not acted upon - which could account for the mix-up over the simple task of changing my account to Broadband Plus. However, I have raised the matter at least twice on these forums, and if there is a ticket for me to read, the same information was contained in the emails that prompted the ticket. So rather than this slavish adherence to rules approach, would it not have exhibited a little more common sense, and customer friendly relations, to fulfil the requested that I am making , change the account, and report the job done. Instead we have this continuing backwards and forwards of emails, that really is unnecessary.

I have worked in enough large organistions, and run my own business, to appreciate that one has to have procedures in place to ensure that expectations of customers, and others, are catered for. But, into every such system there is built in a little flexibility, so that staff can use their common sense and make a more rapid response than the prescribed system would normally allow. This especially when the action called for is all in-house, and relatively simple to achieve - as in my case

Once again thanks for the reply

Chowuk
JonathanW
Grafter

Once again with feeling

Hi,

Whilst I can understand your views on this, the forum isn't an official support medium and as such we still need requests for account changes to appear in writing on your account itself so that they can be acted upon. This is why the ticket system is central to written communications, as it appears directly onto your account so that the CS agents can act upon the information within the ticket.
N/A

Once again with feeling

Hi chowUK

What John was saying is that, whatever requests or issues you have raised either on htese forums or via email / response to email WILL NOT be acted upon. This is plusnet policy, as the contact us system is far more secure than email...

The best thing for you to do is to click on Help at the top of this page, then click on 'contact us' and raise a new ticket. Just explain that you want your account changing, and it will be done.

I wouldn't take any notice of the time scales given for a response to the ticket though, I am still waiting proper response to my most recent one. (Not a dig at +net, as my problem could be percieved as being quite complex, and may be taking a while to resolve).
N/A

Once again with feeling

Good Afternoon.

Okay! I've got the two emails from Support, and hopefully I have completed the "ticket" procedure correctly, and my request to have my account changed will now go ahead without a hitch. If so, I can continue to enjoy the service that Plusnet provides, although on a less expensive and possibly faster system

My main beef is that, as all the details that Support required to change my account were already contained in the email from me, that resulted in the ticket, why was it necessary to have three more emails to achieve this? Nothing new was added by me, nor was there any from Plusnet Support in their two.

This equally applies to the previous emails that I has sent to Support, on the same matter. They received the emails - they did not bounce back. Further, on a previous ticket, I did inform Support that the details they had on the ticket were correct. Why was this not acted up many weeks ago. If it is a toss-up between blindly following an arbitory inhouse procedure, and custumer satisfaction, I know on which side I would wish my staff to err.

Yes. I know that this is not an "official" Support forum, although customers appear to see it as a means of getting their complaints across to Plusnet. I used the forum to see whether I was alone in my problem.

Thank you all for your replies. It is gratifying to know that I am not just whistling in the wind <vbg>

Regards

Chowuk
N/A

Once again with feeling

Good Evening.

Just to tidy this thread up. I have now heard from Support, and it appears that my particular problem has been sorted out.

I still feel that the system of seeking and receiving help from Support could be made a little more transparent. Hopefully, I shall not need to use it again, so who am I to grumble?

Regards

Chowuk