cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, enoughs enough now...

N/A

Ok, enoughs enough now...

I normally don't mind putting up with an ISPs ups and downs, but I believe I've put up with this long enough and its now getting beyond a joke.

My previous connection was a fixed 2Mb service, super stable, low pings, no packet loss. Now it's a flakey 10Kb - 5Mb service, disconnections of upto 8 hours are common, pings are high and I get regular packet loss.

So, can someone in PN Comms either organise to move me back to my previous package of a 2Mb fixed (ie, not MaxDSL) and leave a note in big bold writing not to attempt to "upgrade" my account again in the future.

Or, change whatever is necessary to enable me to migrate to another ISP of my choice. Note that I do not want an LLU MAC, as the LLU Platform is clearly unstable for me & the number of ISPs accepting LLU MACs can be counted on one hand. Note also that I should not be disadvantaged (financially, or in my choice of ISPs) because of a financial decision by Plusnet to change a percentage of there user base over to another platform that is clearly unstable and unsuitable for a large number of people.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Ok, enoughs enough now...

So, can someone in PN Comms either organise to move me back to my previous package of a 2Mb fixed (ie, not MaxDSL) and leave a note in big bold writing not to attempt to "upgrade" my account again in the future.

I can certainly empathise with your frustrations dealing with this shower Mr. squidgey; I fear that Comms couldn't organise a whatsit in a brewery though! Wink

Such a shame from what was once a first class customer support team! Sad
GersFans
Grafter

I got switched back to a 2mb connection and the packet loss is, well, frustrating to say the least..I thought I was getting my old stable, rock solid 2mb conn back...alas non.
N/A

I thought I was getting my old stable, rock solid 2mb conn back...alas non.

be careful with this - when asking to "be put back on the old one" - makes sure your BT product is changed to the fixed speed one, rather than a throttled 2meg MAX product.