cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oie! Where's my MAX upgrade then?

N/A

I've been upgraded - back in Nov 2005 - but thats because it was a trial exchange! :lol:
80 REPLIES
N/A

Just want to express my dissatisfaction that I'm one of those numties that deliberately chose to pay 39.99 for the 8mb product for over a year in return for a promise of being first in the queue to the MAX upgrade when available. I took plusnet at their word on this. Well it's now available and....

1. my exchange was enabled end of March
2. my billing date has just passed for this month (11th)
3. I've had no contact from f9 informing me of any upgrade, or that I even qualilfy for one.
4. (I did get contacted, but only to inform me they were taking another 39.99 out of my bank account).
5. No regrade order has yet been placed with BT for my account.

Meanwhile I'm reading on vartious fora(ums) that people are getting regrades and are being inforned it's happeneing, and worse still some of them appear to only be paying 21.99

So what gives?
Ages ago I said that if plusnet botched this process I'd kick up a real stink.... but I've not even started yet.

I'm not demanding that I should have an immediate upgrade now.... but I would at least like an acknowledgement that I am getting one and that an order is being placed with BT.... I fully expect BT to be the bottleneck here, not f9.
N/A

Can I just add another question for everyone here... for those of you who have been upgraded, how much are you paying per month? and are you a business or residential customer?
N/A

Hello glasstower

I can sympathise with your feelings but as far as I am aware nobody here at F9 has actually been upgraded to the new 8meg DSLMAX service yet. Even if your local BT exchange has already been upgraded like mine here in Leeds (the DSLAMS upgraded) what you have to remember is that your individual phone line has also to be upgraded to the new service too (the old vanilla 2meg ADSL is NOT the same as the new DSLMAX service, it is a different animal as it were!!).

**The reason nobody can tell you or give you an exact date or time is because F9 PlusNet dont know themselves they are in BT's hands just like all of us.

**The only promises I've seen from F9 is that people like yourself who have paid (what in my opinion is an exorbitant amount!!) for a higher level service of 4/8 megs will be placed at the front of the upgrade cue. Even so F9 still havent said when this will be. After the high priority people then older loyal customers may be upgraded after that but even this seems in doubt now, the latest I heard was that the priority of upgrading might be based on billing dates instead?

I have never seen F9 PlusNet ever make any definate promises on precise dates for the 2meg to 8meg upgrade process, so if you think you've been given such a promise then I think your going to be very disappointed as a result Cry

**To answer your second question, its a FREE upgrade and so it doesnt affect the product or account type your presently paying for.

Ivan
astarsolutions
Grafter

Check you tickets every day, a non editable one talking about a MAX service will appear for a day or two and then disappear, this appears to be the request going through to BT; several days later your line will be MaxDSL enabled.
N/A

**The reason nobody can tell you or give you an exact date or time is because F9 PlusNet dont know themselves they are in BT's hands just like all of us.
Some plusnetters on adslguide.org have been seeing a regrade order being placed with BT for their account.... and getting it. As far as I can tell f9 have not even attempted to place an order with BT for my account, so it's not a BT delay.

**To answer your second question, its a FREE upgrade and so it doesnt affect the product or account type your presently paying for.

I wouldn't say it's free when I've been paying an excess of 18 pounds per month.

It's only an upgrade as far as BT is concerned, as I've been on the "f9" 8mb service for over a year since it was introduced.
N/A

Check you tickets every day, a non editable one talking about a MAX service will appear for a day or two and then disappear, this appears to be the request going through to BT; several days later your line will be MaxDSL enabled.
If you have had the upgrade, do you think it's because you are a business customer or because your name begins with "a" and perhaps they are doing it alphabetically.
astarsolutions
Grafter

In my opinion its all down to money (and so it should be, to an extent)

Both my accounts have had orders submitted to BT and the account that I am paying more for each month £50 vs £40 has been upgraded and the other hasn't.
N/A

Just to add a few more flames to the fire (sorry glasstower, I kow it doesn't help you).

I have just read that Plusnet have 176000 customers and they are doing 1000 requests a day to BT for upgrades that means it will take 176 days to get everybody onto MAXDSL and assuming BT work 5 days a week thats about 35 weeks or 8 months around about xmas time.

Mark
N/A

I hope the 176000 figure is the total number of customers plusnet have, and not the number of people that are already on the 4/8mb products.

If that 8 month estimate is right then that means even if I get my upgrade next month I suppose that still represents a significant "front of the queue" jump.

Having said that, I thought I read somewhere that ISP's would soon have access to a bulk regrading tool, so they will be able to upgrade significantly more than 1000 per day soon.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've raised this on to the product guys to find out for you, I'd should have an answer for you tomorrow.
N/A

f9 is S*** look at this
upgraded to option 3 for about 2-3-06

Service Notice: SN27521956
Raised: 2006-04-03 13:51:03 by: Support
The automated Generic Modify Transaction (MODIFY) has submitted an order in eCo to change the customers product to BT IPStream Max.

Service Notice: SN27581671
Raised: 2006-04-04 11:57:11 by: Support
Generic Modify Transaction order has been accepted and BT is now processing it.

Ticket: 19118391 Closed

Raised: 2006-04-08 10:18:37 by: You

2006-04-08
10:18:37
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Wizard NOT followed]
[Technical]
[Customer did not raise this query using the Contact Wizard, please investigate if we need to improve the wizard accordingly]
[Additional Information]
hi i noted that a upgrade order was accepted with bt on 4-4-06 for max dsl regrade but still not regraded yet and would like to know how long it should take to do
thanks
2006-04-08
13:19:10
Joe York
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Mr Dakin,
Although your account is upgraded the process of moving all the accounts over with BT could take until September. BT will do our market share each day so obviously we cant do every account at once. You will be upgraded as soon as possible.

Regards,
Joe York

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.force9.net/index_nlp.html
2006-04-08
16:05:43
You
Assigned : i am one of 5000 to be upgraded first you sent upgrade order to bt and bt took order a check http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php
with my phone say "An order or upgrade for ADSL is now in progress" as of 4-4--06 on my phone line so my question is still how long dose it take BT to do a regrade ofter you orderded it

2006-04-09
01:12:54
Mark Storey
CSC Agent Actioned : Dear Mr Dakin,
Your order for max dsl will go through on the 10th of april. YOu will get the faster speeds from then on.

Regards,
Mark Storey

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.force9.net/index_nlp.html
2006-04-10
12:13:01
You
Closed : By Customer via Portal
N/A

...but as far as I am aware nobody here at F9 has actually been upgraded to the new 8meg DSLMAX service yet.

My brother was upgraded in the last couple of days, he is paying £29.99.
N/A

Hi again,

The only person I have seen here in these forums to have actually shown that they have been upgraded to the 8meg MaxDSL service is one of the F9 forum moderators who was upgraded last year. There hasnt been a single user that I have seen that has said they have had the new 8meg service. Nor have F9 commented on the fact that the first users have now received the upgrade. OK sure from now on more and more people will appear to have the new service, my point is that its only just coming through as users comment on the various problems associated with the upgrade process. But until now nothing appeared in these forums.

Ivan
N/A

There hasnt been a single user that I have seen that has said they have had the new 8meg service.

Ermm... did I not mention my brother? It's the post right above yours

As to why nobody specifically from the forums has said they've been upgraded - well the people that are being upgraded (mostly) are the people who've been paying 29.99 or 39.99 for the last twelve months for a 4/8 meg service that didn't exist until the last few weeks (emperorer's new clothes anyone?).

I would say that the people who frequent these forums weren't that gulliable *and/or* were much more cynical, and downgraded to 21.99 very early on.

For reference my brother is almost as cynical as I am, however his firm pay towards his ADSL costs, so value for money wasn't his major concern.