cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh what a surprise!

N/A

Oh what a surprise!

15:30 and the mail server has gone phut once again oh guess what.. the status is showing green as usual :roll: This woul dbe quite funny If I wasn't paying for it Evil
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Oh what a surprise!

Hmm, seems to be an authentication problem.

I get:
+OK Hello there.
user hunthome
+OK Password required.
pass xxxxxxxx

Connection to host lost.

EDIT: Just got in and seems OK now.
csogilvie
Grafter

Oh what a surprise!

Yet the update setting it to Amber was posted at "Wed 15 Nov 2006, 15:47"
N/A

Oh what a surprise!

There's a couple of service announcements under the status boxes. Seems I might have just been unlucky with the timing (although I've been getting the problem all day) :?
That being said this level of reliability would have seen the entire department on the scrap heap long ago If they were in a commercial environment.
N/A

Oh what a surprise!

Once again... email porblems daily!! They are being closed a RESOLVED but are back within a 12 hour period... Surely this isn't resolved thenHuhHuh??

May have to ask for a mac code if it keeps up.
N/A

Oh what a surprise!

Still getting the probelm about 2 in 5 attempts to retrieve mail :roll:
ianscales
Grafter

Oh what a surprise!

It seems it's an ongoing issue :roll: it appears like the mail service is never running for more than a few days at a time without some sort of fault, very frustrating, I've been waiting for hours for a mail from a client Evil Evil

I never learn, I've put several people on PN and they come to me when PN doesn't deliver the service they expect, it's embarassing :roll:

To go off at a slight tangent, I'm on a premier package so I'm supposed to get a bundle of VOIP minutes, but whenever I need to make that critical call I'm told there is a fault and I should check out the website :roll: :roll: ...... another service that PN can't support properly !!!!!

O.K. I've had my winge now I'm better Wink
N/A

Oh what a surprise!

I'm premier too... I have mail from clients waiting to come ine, and no doubt some customer queries from hosted sites which is as yet undelivered.

Still having trouble even after the mail server remount - some mailboxes collect and others are timed out or do not get authorized.

Its hard to pass these consistent problems off to my clients as 'one of those things'.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Oh what a surprise!

Hmmm, having difficulty replicating anything. There's a bit of load on mailc06 though.

I'll have someone look into it and give the CSC a heads up to keep their eyes and ears peeled.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Oh what a surprise!

Hmmm...

Things are fixed, but there are queues...funny, I'm still getting time-out and connection reset messages. Will these problems ever go away? Or do we have to wait til Plusnet is bought out by BTHuh
N/A

Oh what a surprise!

Surely these threads are a waste of space now? I suggest "Email Working" ones would be more appropriate news on the odd occasion it is. :twisted:
N/A

Oh what a surprise!

Because of PN's unreliable email server I setup my own email server 4 months ago to host email accounts linked to my domains. Then because of the DNS to be on the safe side I moved my DNS records for my domains to www.dnsmadeeasy.com. Last night because of the ongoing problems with PN email server I changed my PN email accounts from POP to SMTP to be delivered to my email server.

So what I'm I paying PN for?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Oh what a surprise!

So what I'm I paying PN for?

Your internet connection - everything else is a bonus!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)