cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh dear

johnmglen
Grafter

Oh dear

Plus Net, once again you have let me down. My Father (username - donglen) was told to wait in because a BT engineer would visit - well guess what, he didn't arrive.
He is spitting feathers!

He has been without a reliable connection for over SEVEN weeks now.

My Father still can't connect and suddenly 'it's drivers' apparently? Well he's been connected before to PN so I'm not convinced.

Just sort him out PN. I have not lost my temper so far but this is really testing me.
38 REPLIES
theharveyfamily
Grafter

Oh dear

Could it be that BT have let you down ?

PlusNet can't be held responsible if BT said they would send an engineer and then didn't, can they ?
johnmglen
Grafter

Oh dear

This has been going on for weeks and you are not armed with ALL the facts.

I don't really want to discuss them with you either. I'd hoped for an answer from PN BY NOW.
hitachi
Grafter

Oh dear

Why are posting in community support if you do not want to talk to members of the community?
theharveyfamily
Grafter

Oh dear

I wondered that !!!
(but daren't ask)

:?
johnmglen
Grafter

Oh dear

Community Support 'The place for support both from the community and the support team'

In the case of the former category, there was no support - just a judgemental comment based upon no knowledge of the entire saga. In the case of the latter - I'm still waiting...
theharveyfamily
Grafter

Oh dear

It was actually a question (hence the question mark)

If you say it's PlusNet's fault then fair enough. PlusNet's fault it is.
johnmglen
Grafter

Oh dear

Thanks, I thought so too - although BT are also clearly at fault. Seriously though - my dear old Dad has not had a good time so far and it was me that recommended PN to him so I feel rather guilty about all this. Sorry if I bit your head off. Nothing personal.

Cheers

John
gswindale
Grafter

Oh dear

John,

Rather than complaining now, it might be better to wait until Sam has had a chance to review the situation. If a BT engineer was supposed to attend today and hasn't, then there is definitely a problem with BT and not Plus. From the previous topic, it appears that this is a BT issue through and through, so if BT are being awkward, there isn't that much that the CS guys here can do except chase it up through the appropriate channels.

With regards to your comment "it's drivers apparently", it is possible that somewhere along the lines of getting rid of the AOL software and trying to setup his system to use Plus that something has gone wrong. How is the computer connecting to the internet - USB modem or router?
Community Veteran

Oh dear

John

Is there any real need to be rude to other customers on this forum?

I can understand that you are frustrated having to support you’re father after recommending PlusNet to him, but that does not need to be taken out on other users, or staff on the forum.

And yes I have read your other post;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54000

Chilly
sinewave
Grafter

Oh dear

As customers cannot contact BT for ADSL faults their first and only point of call is PN - So thats who you have to compalain to if BT engineers mess you about. Having said that, assuming PN did actually register the fault with BT, it isn't the "fault" of PN and its worth bearing this in mind when putting your grievences to PN.

It certainly does not help just venting anger at PN in this situation (they really are just stuck in the middle) and indeed it is unlikely to get ~any one~ highly motivated to help.

It is absolutely pointless to post a message on this forum if you don't want to engage in some sort of public discussion either!

Community support is just that. In your case, you need to talk to just PN not PN and all their customers! either phone them or use the ticket system.

If you have any specific queries, such as what you need to do or how the system works etc I am sure there are plenty here that would be willing to help.
theharveyfamily
Grafter

Oh dear

you are not armed with ALL the facts.

If you can squeeze some kind of technical detail out of the old boy and post it here, you never know, you might get a result.

What's this about drivers ?
USB modem ?
BT van ? (only kidding)
:lol:
johnmglen
Grafter

Oh dear

This is the end of a very long road. If you will indulge me...

He joins and supplies his MAC, still connected via AOL at this stage.

Date is agreed and AOL terminate service on agreed date.

Plus Net connection is not established so he can't connect. Lots of correspondence and phone calls later and still no connection. Eventually PN set up some ad hoc kind of arrangement to allow him to connect.

Told to get another MAC, this he does and supplies it to Plus Net.

At this point connection dies and stays dead. Tests run, BT line fault identified, engineer visit organised for anytime today (9-6) no show. Very annoyed Dad.

Dad phones them again, gets told that it could be drivers (well it might be) but where did that suddenly come from, why now and why has he been able to go on PN before if they are messed up or AOL locked?

By the way, the drivers are clean of AOL rubbish as they are not AOL drivers, they are pure device drivers from the internet. The PC has recently been formatted and has no trace of AOL either, the modem is USB.

You now know as much as I do and as much as Plus Net do.

I also live 240 miles away from him so this is not easy - he is a complete nocvice btw and needs more help than he is getting.

There ya go......phew!
johnmglen
Grafter

Oh dear

John

Is there any real need to be rude to other customers on this forum?

I can understand that you are frustrated having to support you’re father after recommending PlusNet to him, but that does not need to be taken out on other users, or staff on the forum.

And yes I have read your other post;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54000

Chilly

Rude - where?Huh
gswindale
Grafter

Oh dear

I think Chilly was referring to your post regarding the "Community Support" forum which could possibly have been taken as a slightly stroppy response to the other posts.

I think we should all leave this now and see what Plus (Sam hopefully) can come back with in the morning.