cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official warning? What a way to keep your customers happy.

N/A

I appear to be one of the members who have received an official warning from the moderation team.

I am not very happy.

I don't care that you find some of my posts to be lacking in constructiveness or 'troll' like. When you are providing a working service then you can take whatever tone you like.

I'm still paying good money for a really, REALLY far from adequate service and this has antagonised me further.

I have asked for an apology. If I don't receive one by the end of the week I will escalate my grievances through official channels.

This, Plusnet, is not the way to treat customers who are receiving poor service.

I am truly disgusted and very, very angry.
48 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Just to point out. The moderators are customers just like you. We do not employ moderators, and PlusNet staff do not moderate the forums.
N/A

Then I strongly suggest someone at PN has a word with them about dealing with customers who are receiving poor service.

If I took their attitude at my job I would be fired. Customers have a right to complain in whatever way they see fit. Even when they swear at me I know they are only venting their frustrations at the situation rather than at me.
rammie1976
Grafter

Ah yes, Plusnet do like to have 'happy' forums. Obviously in an ideal world that would be done by having happy punters! However if it means achieving it by 'threatening' and/or banning posters then so be it!

I agree that when you are extremely angry at the quality of service you are receiving, it doesn't help having a Mod tell you to be happy and constructive or be struck off!
N/A

Join the club.
I asked the Mod in question to provide links to the posts i had made that were "lacking in constructiveness or 'troll' like" or breaking forum rules.
As no reply has been forthcoming i presume he cant.

Trying to censor customers with legitimate complaints/questions is not going to give any confidence to others who wish to complain about the level of service is it?
Bullying tactics from what i presumed to be neutral mods is well out of order.

Theres a very simple way to stop posts that aren't flattering to Plusnet.
Something only Plusnet can solve.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Ah yes, Plusnet do like to have 'happy' forums. Obviously in an ideal world that would be done by having happy punters! However if it means achieving it by 'threatening' and/or banning posters then so be it!

This place would be pretty dull if everyone was happy all the time. We don't expect everyone to be happy with the service every day and we hardly cull forum posters to give a false impression of this. I'd have thought scanning down the topics in the forum at the moment would be a relatively good testament of that.

I agree that when you are extremely angry at the quality of service you are receiving, it doesn't help having a Mod tell you to be happy and constructive or be struck off!

I agree too but it doesn't exempt a person from the forum rules.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Abolutely true.
And when i've broken the forum rules i would expect a warning. Until that point the mods can, quite frankly, keep their noses out of my business.
N/A

Thanks Bob.

You've just made my mind up for me.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Some others noticed this then - i to had one of these PM's a while back now, which stated my "attitude is very poor" & my "comments add nothing" along with a formal warning.
No doubt in my mind this waring was directly passed down by a particular member of the plusnet comms team.
I know it's only a message board but if i'm honest i felt quite threatened and intimidated by this - which has resulted in me no longer posting on this forum. Sad
rammie1976
Grafter

Bob I'm aware of the forum rules, but different Mods can have a different slant on things, and when the 'fur starts to fly' they tend to deal with this by 'warning' posters by PMing them and of course ultimately banning them - all very fascist with the majority of posters unable to appreciate what is going on or have a say on the matter.

I have, on previous 'quarrels about service quality', been so 'warned' and it doesn't help - but it is an easy way to deal with difficult customers.

Anyway they is your rules, so whatever. :roll:

No worries, I'm off soon. Cheesy
N/A

Some others noticed this then - i to had one of these PM's a while back now, which stated my "attitude is very poor" & my "comments add nothing" along with a formal warning.
No doubt in my mind this waring was directly passed down by a particular member of the plusnet comms team.
I know it's only a message board but if i'm honest i felt quite threatened and intimidated by this - which has resulted in me no longer posting on this forum. Sad

Why are you still giving money to a business that threatens and intimidates you? I'd be demanding an apology at the very least.

Honestly, I cannot convey in words (swear filter) how truly angry I am right now. Seething comes fairly close.
Community Veteran

As moderators we don't work for plusnet and get no benefits from moderating the forums, equally plusnet don't tell us what to do.

Personally I am just a customer who was nominated by other customers to help moderate the forum.

At the moment, the forums are very busy and there are a lot of upset customers whilst we understand that customers are upset for a reason. This makes the job of the moderation team a lot harder and is compounded by the fact that we are currently down a moderator after Colin's departure last month.

If anyone has any questions about how we work then feel free to post in this thread or contact one of use via PM or the information in our profiles, I for one am almost always contactable via MSN.
N/A

Let's do this in public then.
I repeat my request to you to provide links to the posts i, and the other lucky recipients of your 'official warning' have made that are breaking forum rules?
N/A

As moderators we don't work for plusnet and get no benefits from moderating the forums, equally plusnet don't tell us what to do.

Personally I am just a customer who was nominated by other customers to help moderate the forum.

What happens if the attitude of a Mod when enforcing the 'rules' causes a customer (who was actually prepared to sit these issues out) to want to request their MAC if they don't receive an apology?

How do Plusnet feel about that? I can't imagine they are happy for customers to want to leave.
aeroalfie
Grafter

Why are you still giving money to a business that threatens and intimidates you? I'd be demanding an apology at the very least.

Honestly, I cannot convey in words (swear filter) how truly angry I am right now. Seething comes fairly close.

Because i have to pay if i wish to leave.

I actually did send the moderator in question a message expressing my feelings - but i guess any one who thinks my "attitude is very poor" & my "comments add nothing" isn't going to reply to me & he didn't.
Probably had i right good laugh at my expense instead. :?