cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off peak management

N/A

Off peak management

I was under the impression that there are no restrictions outside 4pm-midnight. This is not true, my torrents are throttled to 56Kb/s off peak - 3am last night and now at 2.30pm.

I'm on level one management and expect some slowdown in peak times, but why are there restrictions in place off peak?

Line speed test gives me full speed - 230K/s on 2Mb Premier.
8 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Off peak management

Unless you've been switched to the newer Premier Option 1 package, then peak times for p2p/nntp traffic is 8am - Midnight. This is why its possible that you're still being managed during this time slot.
N/A

Off peak management

What about those of us whose peak time is 4pm - midnight, whose useage is very low, but are STILL suffering from FTP and p2p speed restrictions?
JonathanW
Grafter

Off peak management

If you're on the new package, and therefore have the 4pm - Midnight peak time for everything, and are seeing slow speeds then I'd advise running through the BT Speed Checker to see if this isolates the problem, then raise a ticket through to support.
N/A

Off peak management

Unless you've been switched to the newer Premier Option 1 package, then peak times for p2p/nntp traffic is 8am - Midnight. This is why its possible that you're still being managed during this time slot.

That's a possibility because I won't be on Option 1 until my next billing date.

However, It dosen't explain why I'm getting 56Kb/s at 3am!
N/A

Off peak management

Thanks Jon. Been through all this before though, and in this current instance my ticket has been sat there for four hours without anyone responding. Last time the BT speed tests showed no fault and my speeds were, by coincidence, back to normal the very next day. Now it's happening again...
N/A

Off peak management

and in this current instance my ticket has been sat there for four hours without anyone responding

My ticket has been relaxing over at PlusNet HQ for 12 hours now.
N/A

Off peak management

12 hours? Crazy. If they haven't responded by tomorrow morning, I'll phone them up and cancel my account. Perhaps they might take note when their customers - they people who pay their wages - start walking away. Then again...
N/A

Off peak management

16 hours now, can someone please respond to ticket number 19099608.