cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off-Peak speed issues -- Broadband Plus ()

Community Veteran

I've debated whether to raise this as a new thread, but here goes anyway.

Through all the recent problems my speed during the daytime (i.e. off peak) seem to have remained in the 3-5MB/s region. I even took the trouble to set up a system to run BT tests remotely from work so I could give PN CSC more info, and the results always showed good or even excellent throughput.

I happen to be off work sick today, and noticed browsing performance is terrible, so just did a couple of speedtests:

BBMAX 334 kbps
BT 896 kbps

What's happened to my offpeak/daytime speeds now?

Stats: MSR 8000; sync 8128; IP Profile 7150; loop att 9dB; snr margin 14dB; exchange Green; 70MB usage total on vmbu; product BroadBand PLUS.

I've also added this info to my already running ticket no. 21156321

Is anyone else having similar problems? It might help PN diagnosis if you do and post some tests results here and on tickets.

paul
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

tried a gateway hop and back up to 3-4MB/s.

should have tried that before i posted Shockedops:

(impatient and grumpy today)
Community Veteran

ah ... five to four and it's crashed down to sub 500 kbps speeds ...

posted too soon again grrrr

paul
N/A

My speeds are terrible at any time of day lately.

To be perfectly honest, Plusnet is absolute link:censored lately and if they don't sort it out, I'll be off.

I don't have the time to link:censored about waiting for simple pages to load that used to load almost instantaneously a few months ago.

Grumpy? You should hear me! ...and that's from someone who doesn't normally get stressed in public forums.

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Removed attempts to bypass the swear filter. : Please read the link:rules