cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Peak Usage

N/A

Off Peak Usage

Just wanted to clear up the peak usage thingy.

I am currently downloading a boat load of stuff outside the 16:00 to 00:00 peak period.

My monthly limit is that of a Premier band 3 user so 60 gig or so.

Does off peak downloads count toward my monthly limit. I only ask as I have been reading conflicting reports.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Off Peak Usage

No it doesn't. Outside of peak hours, you can download as much as you like Smiley

(But PlusNet won't tell you that)
N/A

Off Peak Usage

ive downloaded over 50gb off peak. basicly just the piss plus off. there peak usage is a joke.
JJ
Grafter

Off Peak Usage

Bit anti social isn’t it Darren, all you are doing is using bandwidth that I could be using for downloading things I want. It doesn’t have any affect on PN at all but it does have an affect on the rest of us.

JohnH
N/A

Off Peak Usage

I don't think we're quite at the stage where his downloading will detrimentally effect your download speed all the way from Durham :lol:
JJ
Grafter

Off Peak Usage

Only if he is connected to my gateway Smiley

then I might loose one or two bits

seriously though it will have an effect on anyone connected to his DSLAM, all those ZEN, NTL and AOL customers........Perhaps on second thoughts keep it up Darren.

anyway 50G is hardly going to be noticed by PN (well until he told us all) so what's the point.

JohnH
N/A

Off Peak Usage

are you sure about being able to download all you can eat off peak? Thought I read the figure of 100GB somewhere - but even that is unthinkable! :shock:
JJ
Grafter

Off Peak Usage

Yes it's been stated by the comms staff that 100gig, or thereabouts, might bring the download police to your door.

JohnH
N/A

Off Peak Usage

Does it state anywhere you cant download more than 100GB off peak?
JJ
Grafter

Off Peak Usage

I haven't seen 'Thou shalt not download more than 100Gb' (which would be a cap) only the woolly 'We think about 100Gb is a reasonable limit' type words.

JohnH
N/A

Off Peak Usage

Coolio.