cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd email problem .. optinions please!

N/A

Hi All + merry xmas/new year!

We have an odd problem in that we can't send email to a certain domain (mail just disappears - no bounced messages) - we've tried from other plusnet accounts with the same result - however my hotmail account sends to this domain fine!
I setup outlook express with the other's 'mail.domainname.co.uk' as my smtp server and mail got through.. where is the problem? - it's something to do with plusnet as it only effects mail from plusnet (via relay.plus.net) but not sure what other testing i can do? (the other side can send/receive email fine to all other domains and can send email to me ok!). plusnet tell me that it's not them so all a bit odd!?Huh
3 REPLIES
Saturn
Grafter

Sounds like you're sending emails to a domain that believes relay.plus.net is on a blacklist. This happens from time to time.

Raise a ticket with PN to report the problem, but you may need to push a bit. Some of the PN staff will say it's not for PN to get their mail servers off of blacklists, it's down to their customers to resolve the problem. How daft is that?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Is it a domain that used to be hosted by Plusnet?

I've got a ticket open where this is a problem. PN's servers are still claiming to be the authoratative servers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I've got a ticket open where this is a problem. PN's servers are still claiming to be the authoratative servers.

I haven't checked, but I'll bet this breaks an RFC. If I change the nameservers for a domain at Nominet, the whole of the internet should see the change, including Plusnet users.