Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Forum message

Community Veteran

Odd Forum message

I just tried to post a reply in this forum and got the message:

"Information
You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while."

This was at least 45 minutes after my previous post (in the same thread). I tried again immediately and was able to post successfully but wonder why it happened and if anyone else has experienced this oddity.

(I wonder if it will let me post just 10 minutes after the last one. Lets see ......)
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
17 REPLIES
JJ
Grafter

Odd Forum message

So did I. Thought I did something wrong and tried again,seems fine now

Guess it's one of those PN ‘glitches’

JohnH
Community Veteran

Odd Forum message

Oh good, it's not just me then. The computers at work were doing odd things today too and that wasn't just me either. Must be today's Full Moon!
N/A

Odd Forum message

I'm seeing the same thing here. I think its part of the ongoing forum problems which have cropped up again.

Another oddity which has once again surfaced is time travel. Where replies are being made, seemingly before the other person has posted.

The boards are a bit sick at present. hopefully the fix will come quickly.
passer
Grafter

Odd Forum message

This is another symptom of the forum problem (continual logouts) which manifested last time round. It should be rectified when the other problems are fixed.

I seem to recall it's something to do with the forum's clock, which is currently unstable, so you get posts appearing in threads in the wrong order, continual logouts, problems posting, dodgy numbers of people apparently logged into the forums, and the wrong time being displayed. Ho-hum. Sad

edit: oops, sorry Mark - you beat me to it....................in your time-zone..... Cheesy
Community Veteran

Odd Forum message

I seem to recall it's something to do with the forum's clock, which is currently unstable, so you get posts appearing in threads in the wrong order, continual logouts, problems posting, dodgy numbers of people apparently logged into the forums, and the wrong time being displayed. Ho-hum. Sad

All sounds a bit Dr Who and a parallel world he's stuck in (having just watched it).
Community Veteran

Odd Forum message

the forums clock seems to be jumping back an hour which is why it sometimes doesnt let you post.
shellsong
Grafter

Odd Forum message

All sounds a bit Dr Who and a parallel world he's stuck in (having just watched it).

So that's where the Time Vortex from the Tardis has gone-- Sheffield! :lol:
passer
Grafter

Odd Forum message

Knew you'd say that - just saw it on tomorrow's forum Cheesy
shellsong
Grafter

Odd Forum message

:lol:
Community Veteran

Odd Forum message

So that's where the Time Vortex from the Tardis has gone-- Sheffield! :lol:

Does that mean we're stuck with a time-shifting forum till next Saturday?
JonathanW
Grafter

Odd Forum message

It could be worse guys, we could be stuck in a groundhog day situation, doomed to forver go over the same things day after day.... hmm wait a minute... don't we do that anyway? Cheesy

But yeah, I seem to recall that before one of the forum servers had a screwy clock which caused these problems. So hopefully it should be a quick fix once the guys get in tomorrow morning.
craign
Grafter

Odd Forum message

surely a quick dial in from home for one of the support peeps is all that's needed... no need to wait until Monday am. I assume they are on call?
N/A

Odd Forum message

Sorry Jon, but it's not just the forums.

I don't know if a clock is the problem but I'm being logged out of any part of the portal regularly, usually triggered by clicking a link.
I raised a ticket Friday evening, but nobody has even acknowledged it yet.

Even autologin isn't working for me. I set it for 7 days and the next time I click a link it's off.

I don't want to use autologin, but it has been reported as masking the problem, a quick patch for users.

Maybe if I set it for 7 years it will stay on for 7 hours?
JonathanW
Grafter

Odd Forum message

Well, my comment about the times was more to do with the message that the original poster was talking about. But a clock on one of the servers could be causing this, as the portal will check your cookies to ensure that you're still supposed to be logged in, but if one of these is incorrect it will log you out.

I'm not sure why autologin isn't working for you, its been working fine for myself for the past several days and I only had to reset it after changing machines for a while last week.

As for calling someone regarding this, it doesn't quite qualify as a major enough issue to call the oncall team about.