cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I'm paying £18.99!

N/A

Now I'm paying £18.99!

When I signed up to Plusnet a year ago the fee was £20.99, which after a few months went down to £19.99. Today I check my bank statements to find that Plusnet have taken £18.99 from my account. First I thought it was some kind of mistake, so I checked the site to see that in fact it truly is that price. I have to congratulate Plusnet on this awesome price cut! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
9 REPLIES
N/A

Now I'm paying £18.99!

Thanks! The cuts are in response to BT lowering the Wholesale cost of ADSL so we have passed this on in full to customers. Smiley
N/A

Now I'm paying £18.99!

I was stunned to hear this also. I wih more companies had this attitude.
Community Veteran

Now I'm paying £18.99!

Providing an internet user can stomach the initial set-up costs, products like Freeserve Anytime and the whatnot are ridiculous at £14.99 for 150 hours, when you can now get unlimited access at >10x (real-world) speed for only £4 more!

Thomas
Community Veteran

Now I'm paying £18.99!

Don't forget the same argument would apply to PlusNet's FRIACO offerings.

FRIACO is expensive cos it runs over the PSTN network, uses more expensive equipment etc compared to ADSL.
At the end of the day you have to compare like for like.

PlusNet FRIACO compared to Freeserve is great. PlusNet ADSL compared to Freeserve is great too.

Chris
N/A

Now I'm paying £18.99!

Thanks! The cuts are in response to BT lowering the Wholesale cost of ADSL so we have passed this on in full to customers. Smiley

Price cut? Just cost me £32.99 for this month - aint complainin but am I being had here? I even recommended a new customer and went to set his system up. Now get diddly squat for doin it..... as a result of the price cuts I suppose...
GA
N/A

Now I'm paying £18.99!

There is of course an assumption that the entire world wants to be 'always on'. I for one have several friends who hardly ever browse the web and rarely check their e-mail more than a couple of times a week.
Ianwild
Grafter

Now I'm paying £18.99!

[ Price cut? Just cost me £32.99 for this month - aint complainin but am I being had here? I even recommended a new customer and went to set his system up. Now get diddly squat for doin it..... as a result of the price cuts I suppose...
GA

What did you pay before the price cut? Am I right in thinking it was £33.99?

Regards,
N/A

Now I'm paying £18.99!

What did you pay before the price cut? Am I right in thinking it was £33.99?
Regards,

Yes you'd be right Ian and before the price cut I would have got £1 off anyway for the one and only referral I've set up.

Thou givest with one hand and taketh with the other :!:
GA
Ianwild
Grafter

Now I'm paying £18.99!

I'm still trying to work this one out then...

I think the new price for your account is £31.62 a month. I think you should raise a Contact Us ticket with support regarding this - I can't go into transaction details here.

Regards,