cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of change to LLU?

N/A

Just wanted to check to see if we are still going to be given seven days notification if our exchanges are changed to LLU.
Anyone aware of a change of stance by PN or have any of you received notification?

Dave
88 REPLIES
N/A

I never got notified.
N/A

I don't know how many people were notified of the Max upgrade either. I wasn't, apart from a standard 'you will be upgraded sometime' mail. I also received a 'you may be moved to LLU if your exchange becomes enabled' and Tiscalli are due to move into my exchange in August. We already have Bulldog, but + haven't got a contract with them.

I hope that the present LLU problems are over if and when I'm upgraded, and I hope I'm informed. I still haven't found out when myt Max went through. I went on holiday on May 1st with a normal connection, came home on the 9th to find I'd been upgraded found out because of disconnections, faster downloads, and a speedcheck that showed I had 488 kb/s upload.
N/A

Perhaps plusnet would like to reassure members that a change to LLU will not happen without giving them notice. This was promised.

My upgrade happened (not sure when) without notice but speeds are poor considering I always got close to the full 2 meg rate. Don't quite understand the snr reading though.

Before max

1830kbps

SNR Margin
Downstream 34.0 dB
Upstream 30 dB

Line Attenuation
Downstream 24.0 dB
Upstream 12.0 dB

after Max

2030kbps

SNR Margin
Downstream 10.0 dB
Upstream 18 dB

Line Attenuation
Downstream 25.0 dB
Upstream 12.5 dB
Mand
Grafter

Hi

Customers on an LLU exchange should have received an email in April advising that they may be transferred.

In addition they would receive a second email 7 days prior to being transferred. In some cases this email has not been received, our development team are working on this issue at the moment.
N/A

Thanks - much appreciated

Dave
N/A

Any news ?
N/A

Mand or anyone else at +,

I received an email saying that I may be changed. But as I had earlier received an email saying that I would be mailed before I was changed to IPstream Max, and the first I knew about it was when I connected on returning from a 10 day holiday and found I'd been maxed a day after I left, with no email at all, I'm worried that I'll be moved to LLU with no email, or an email that does not give me any time to decide to opt out.

On the opt-out question, I know that the original general opt-out is closed, but people were told that they could opt out when they were informed that they were shortly to be upgraded (for sure, on a definate date, not maybe in the future, as the only email I received said). But if that email is seent, it only gives 7 days warning, and we were told that we had to opt out with 10 days notice after we'd received notification emails.

Yoy can't give 10 days notice if you only receive 7 days notice, if any.

A 'maybe' mail sent in April is not enough information on being moved to LLU. A 7 day notice period (if any) is not enough for those who decided to defer choosing if they wanted to opt out (like me) when more information on Tiscalli LLU was available, and to wait to find if it would be possible to move back to IPstream without a cease and reprovide, hoping that if, when they were moved to LLU this would be possible.

Nobody wants to risk being moved to a very bad service and have to both pay and have no internet for days or weeks if things go wrong. But the only way of finding out if Tiscalli LLU is as bad as many say is to try it. Unless the LLU platform is guaranteed to provide at least the same speed as IPstream Max, and no lower or less stable, I do nnot think anyone should be moved to it without there written (not assumed) consent.

It is not possible to change ISPs after the fact of being moved to Tiscalli LLU at p[resent, because of the problem of not being able to return to BT or move to another LLU provider.
That is why nobody should be forced onto LLU without sufficient notice to change ISPs, at least, before the deed is done.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Nobody wants to risk being moved to a very bad service and have to both pay and have no internet for days or weeks if things go wrong. But the only way of finding out if Tiscalli LLU is as bad as many say is to try it. Unless the LLU platform is guaranteed to provide at least the same speed as IPstream Max, and no lower or less stable, I do nnot think anyone should be moved to it without there written (not assumed) consent.

It is not possible to change ISPs after the fact of being moved to Tiscalli LLU at p[resent, because of the problem of not being able to return to BT or move to another LLU provider.
That is why nobody should be forced onto LLU without sufficient notice to change ISPs, at least, before the deed is done

I was moved before the opt out option. Never told it would be more difficult to move ISP's etc.
Since moving my line speed has droped by half, and since 30th April, I have had 20 days with no ADSL signal. What a service
kingkobra
Grafter

Looks like i've been upgraded too...

Not a single notification about it though. Only noticed yesterday when i logged into my router.

I've had a LLU email a few months ago saying i might be moved to LLU, but nothing to say i have been.

Is there any way of finding out one way or the other?
Community Veteran

Sure fire way of telling whether you are on LLU or BT.

Do a BT speedtest.

Seriously - try it. If you are able to do a BT speed test then you are not on LLU - the BT speed will only work on BT's network.
N/A

If your connection has suddenly started to give trouble and you've received both the Max and LLU mails, you could have been moved to either. As no7olivier posted, the easy way to find out is to do a BT speed test.

If you're on Max it will work, if you are on LLU it won't.
To find if you have been regraded, check your router stats. Max and LLU sync at higher upload speeds, regardless of download it seems. 448 kb is the BT Bax u/l speed, LLU could be that or 800... unless you are a BT business customer, in which case you should see the faster upload sync.
N/A

Any news from plusnet team? Do we get the email in time to make a choice or should we leave now?

Dave
Community Veteran

Emails indicating an iminent upgrade to Max or LLU are still not being sent out, contrary to what Mand has stated earlier. It has been like this for several months with the developers still not getting the problem fixed.

[append]

You can opt-out of an LLU upgrade or opt-in to a MaxDSL upgrade (ther automatic upgrade previously announced has been stopped) here: http://trials.plus.net/
Mand
Grafter

Hi

Emails are now being sent out, as of a couple of days ago. As for the exact number of days notice provided, I'm chasing confirmation of this at the moment and will let you know shortly.