cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice of peak time usage allowance increase

N/A

anyone noticed that if you view your broadband usage that
the allowance has not changed as promised on 1st Aug 2006. It currently shows i'm entitled to 20gb when it should be 40gb. Oh and where did the 30gb come from? As far as i was aware PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 3 (8mb) had a 20gb download during peak times!?

https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php

as far as i can tell the View My Usage page doesn't seems to show any difference or do i have to go over the 20gb shown for the graph to show i can go upto 40gb?

Email recieived
----------------

News about your broadband service.

Your broadband comes with a peak time usage allowance of 30GB each month. We're going to increase the peak time usage allowance you get to 40GB on the 1st August. Your peak time usage allowance is the amount of data you can download or upload each month during peak hours of 4pm to midnight.

Summary
-------
Current usage allowance per month: 30GB
NEW ALLOWANCE from 1st August: 40GB
Any change to price or contract? No

This increase won't cost you any more or change your contract - it's a completely free upgrade. You'll be able to see your new allowance on the View My Usage pages from 1st August 2006.

There are 3 reasons that our costs are lower and we can pass the benefit on to you.

A) We've talked about our Broadband traffic management before; it is being developed all the time and is working to the designed levels. This efficient prioritisation of our network traffic means we can deliver the products we advertise, use our underlying capacity fully, and still give everyone a good quality of service.

B) We have increased our overall capacity by moving over 12,000 customers to the Tiscali LLU network from the BT equivalent.

C) We have been looking at average usage levels and we are able to offer extra peak-time usage to customers with Premier, Plus, and Pay As You Go Basic.

Enjoy your extra peak time usage!

Kind regards
PlusNet Customer Support
3 REPLIES
N/A

Wish you'd of asked that about 2 days ago. Mine at the mo just says "You have exceeded 60% of your allowance. This usage includes downloading and uploading during peak-times (4pm till Midnight)."

Which option are you currently on?
N/A

Premier

I'm on "PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 3 (8mb)".. but to describe it at the moment it's more like "Scum 0.25mb" (due to speed issue).
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Re: Notice of peak time usage allowance increase

anyone noticed that if you view your broadband usage that
the allowance has not changed as promised on 1st Aug 2006. It currently shows i'm entitled to 20gb when it should be 40gb. Oh and where did the 30gb come from? As far as i was aware Premier 8mb had a 20gb download during peak times!?

Before Aug 1st on Premier Option 1 it was 15Gb, with trafic management coming in at 10Gb & P2P blocking at 15Gb. Now it's 20Gb, with management starting at 13Gb with P2P blocking at 20Gb.

Option 2 & 3 are proportionally higher.

Regards Neil