cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice Period

N/A

Notice Period

Just to make sure they get every last penny they can out of me, PlusNet have pulled another fast one.

I have absolutely no obligations to PN. I have been a customer for years, I have paid off my initial activation. I owe them nothing.

I have cancelled my contract because they are crap. Most of you have probably seen some of my posts on this matter.

I cancelled on 22 July. To my mind, that means I pay up to the 21st August. OH NO, not in PlusNet land. On their calendar, 30 days means 30 days plus whatever is left of that month's billing cycle. So, in effect I am paying up to the 19th September.

Add to that the fact that my connection STILL isn't working right. (Not that I really give a fuck anymore because the infinitely more efficient ISP I have replaced them with got me up and running days after I placed the order)

Someone give them a mask and call them Dick fucking Turpin. :lol:
4 REPLIES
N/A

Notice Period

That's true, but if you cancel your account and migrate before the end of the subscription (eg. before the 19th sept for you but after the 30 days notice), then you get a refund of the unused days Smiley

Or at least, that's what I heard happens...
Community Veteran

Notice Period

There is a difference between a migration and cancelling ADSL on your line.

With a migration, you can claim back any payments that apply for days after the 30 day notice period. With a cancellation, PN extend the service to the end of the paid period.

You can ask for the cancellation to be made at any time but you still have to pay the normal monthly fees during the 30 day notice period.
N/A

Notice Period

sabennett actually did a full cancel / cease, and started again from scratch? wow. I know his connection didn't work, but surely, his line was activated, so he could have mac'd?
ceridwen
Grafter

Notice Period

There is a difference between a migration and cancelling ADSL on your line.

With a migration, you can claim back any payments that apply for days after the 30 day notice period. With a cancellation, PN extend the service to the end of the paid period.

Although PN treat cancellation and migrations differently - there is however no mention of the difference in the T&Cs. This has been raised again and again - if PN wants to treats these differently, it must say so in the T&Cs, and despite the bad publicity this received everytime someone hits this difference between the T&Cs and PN's practice, PN still have corrected the T&Cs.

Hence when you give PN 30 days notice that you want to end your service on the 21st August, that is when your contract ends. The T&Cs give PN no ability to extend your service beyond that date, and the T&Cs state that PN will refund any monies paid beyond the end of the service.

Based on past experience of others (just search these forums), you may have to go through the how complaints procedure and raise it with the regulators etc. before you get the refund though.

Matthew