cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not so fast!

N/A

Not so fast!

Dear Customer service/technical problems dept.
Why not have a look at your "ADSL and Broadband" discussion forum - there seems to be a lot of disgruntled people out there who are concerned about the poor download speed of their broadband connection.
Come on - let us know what's going on!
10 REPLIES
N/A

Not so fast!

Yes I agree, my speeds start off fine in the morning and as expected for a 2mbit connection, by mid afternoon, its start to slow down and by evening it slows even more. CS tell me to scan from spyware and viruses and there's nothing they can do unless my BT speedtests are under 400. Here's some results from yesterday

Morning:
07-07-2005 08:52:52 1828.9
07-07-2005 08:52:32 1861.4

Afternoon
07-07-2005 14:40:40 669.4
07-07-2005 14:40:18 559.5
07-07-2005 14:39:42 797.3

Evening
06-07-2005 23:00:56 458.7
06-07-2005 23:00:34 474.2
06-07-2005 22:59:33 438
N/A

Not so fast!

Do they not get up late in southport, may be its just contention :lol:
N/A

Contention - the downfall of ADSL in the UK???!!!

So the Koreans can push 22Mbps and we the UK/BT can't manage to push 2Mbps on a regular basis because of contention. Sorry to bang on about this but honestly!!! We are living in 2005 and contention is used to excuse thelack of infrastructure in place to provide us with decent Broadband functionality.
What does anyone else think?
N/A

Re: Contention - the downfall of ADSL in the UK???!!!

So the Koreans can push 22Mbps and we the UK/BT can't manage to push 2Mbps on a regular basis because of contention. Sorry to bang on about this but honestly!!! We are living in 2005 and contention is used to excuse thelack of infrastructure in place to provide us with decent Broadband functionality.
What does anyone else think?

Unless you move to Korea, you are stuck with what you have got.
N/A

Not so fast!

Our problem is that we were ahead of the game years ago, so we had a fab phone network whilst others didn't.
The trouble is now we have to upgrade it to get to the best standards.
Foreigners are lucky in that either, 1) they had nothing much until recently, so they have a much more modern infrastructure 2) they have an infrastructure supported by the public sector or 3) they have a number of competitors running the network hardware.
We have none of those blessings, and sadly our network is now fairly outdated by comparison.
We will catch up though, but I doubt we will ever be in front, as we no longer have any real industry to pay for things like that, we are a nation of shoppers and office workers (predominantly, I know we don't all work in offices really), whereas Korea, to take you example, is a nation of manufacturers (not exclusively, among other things)
The decline of GB - watch it happen every day!
N/A

Not so fast!

dwtechservices - it sounds to me like you're happy to accept poor speeds etc in which case that's fine - but please expect everybody alse to fall in line with your thinking.
Basically, if we pay for a 2MB service then that is what we should more or less get - nobody would complain too much if on the odd occasion speeds are slower but it seems to be all the time now!

Come on, technical help team - I know some of you read these posts so how about giving us your reply?
N/A

Not so fast!

Have just moved house, was on 512 at the old house, during the reprovision +net tried to get me a 2M connection at my new house, the line would not support the 2M so I have a 1M connection all part of the free upgrade by +net, I find the connection fast enough for me and am happy with the speed, the connection is also rock solid. I to mail large files and to date have not had any problems, so yes I am happy with +net and their service.
N/A

Not so fast!

Situation similar.
Moved house, and got free upgrade at same time, ended up with 1Mbs, which seems pretty good the majority of the time.
In theory line is capable of 2Mbs, but the odds are that reliability would drop, so I'm happy to stay as I am.
Cheesy
Metalguru
Grafter

Not so fast!

Our friends in Korea may well be able to zip along on 22Mbps.

But.

Have you seen how similar their forum postings are.

Of course there arn't that many contributors,
and I fully accept that none of them would want to complain about the speed of their connection. But none of them seem to want to complain about anything.

And those that do ................. well you never hear from them again.

Imagine if +net operated in a similar way.
N/A

Not so fast!

Imagine if +net operated in a similar way.

Well Chesterfield seems to have gone, Channel has gone, pr100 not often, reset gone, I think I had bettr keep the door locked :shock: