cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy at all, need help migrating please

N/A

Hi all, having read around the forums it is clear that i am being capped, obviously something i will not tolerate i have been with plusnet for just over a month now and have downloaded about 43gb, i think this maybe too much for the broadband plus service and have considered upgrading to premier but from reading the forums that service seems just as bad, i want to migrate to freedom2surf but am not sure about what to do?

will i have to pay anything? how do i go about it? do i need to obtain a mac key?

if somebody can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

thanks
18 REPLIES
N/A

just to add that i am on a yearly contract, how much will i have to pay?
Community Veteran

Were you a new activation or did you migrate in?
N/A

i was a new activation
N/A

Hi, i am still looking at isp's can you recommend any? at the moment its between freedom2surf and ukonline, all i want is an UNCAPPED connection with no throttling or traffic shaping, i believe both of the isps mentioned offer this with their 2mb lines both costing 24.99 per month and offering free migration.

is that information correct?

any help is much appreciated

thanks alot
N/A

Plusnet suck !
shellsong
Grafter

Re: Not happy at all, need help migrating please

will i have to pay anything? how do i go about it? do i need to obtain a mac key?

if somebody can shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

thanks

I have seen it mentioned that if you are on an annual contract and you inform PlusNet that you wish to leave within 45 days of starting they guarantee that you do not need to pay the full amount.
You would do well to get in touch with them immediately because if I have figured it correctly your 45 days is up on Tuesday and you will have to pay much more!
You need to contact them urgently with your full concerns!
N/A

Hi, i contacted them on monday evening and have had the following conversation with them, please can anybody help as you can imagine i do not want to pay £222 pounds to leave, is there no other way out ? any ideas?

Here is my ticket so far....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raised: 2005-11-07 20:57:54 by: You
2005-11-07
20:57:54
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Account Change Request]
[Cancellation Request]
[ADSL - Post Activation]
[Cancellation Request]
[Outbound Migration Request]
[Unsatisfactory ADSL Service]
[Unlisted Provider]
[provide MAC key]
[Additional Information]
Dear Sir/Madam

I wish to request my MAC code as I intend to move to another isp as soon as possible.

My reasons for leaving are the unacceptable download speeds when using p2p, and the throttling of my account, i understand this was a term of the plus account and did consider upgrading to the premier account, but having done some research on the plusnet forums i have decided against it, i understand that if i cancel/migrate my account within 45 days of connecting that i will only have to pay a £14.99 migration charge? is this correct? And can you please notify me of any impending charge for migrating.

The isp I intend to join is freedom2surf, however requesting my MAC code is my first step and I have not actually contacted them as yet.

Yours Sincerely

Mr Z Raza

2005-11-08
01:16:46
Link:CUAremoved
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr Raza,
before we can issue a mac code we will need the deffered items payong of which is £72.00 also the account is a annual account so on the next billing date there is 10 x 14.99 payments to make please advise how you would like to make these payments the total amount is £221.99
Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2005-11-08
08:27:49
You
Assigned : I was under the assumption that if you cancel/migrate your
contract within 45 days of subscribing then, you only have to pay
a migratory fee of £14.99? Please could you provide a detailed
breakdown of what i would have to pay and why?

Regards,

Zoheb
2005-11-08
13:55:16
When you raised this ticket you are just out of the 45 day guarentee, so you are unable to cancel with this option therfore the charges you have been given are correct.

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
2005-11-08
16:11:17
You
Assigned : Hi, as i understand it, i was within my 45 day limit? can you
please provide me with dates and times to verify that
this is not the case, i thought i had put in a request the day
before my 45 days was up? again some evidence of this
not being the case would be much appreciated

Regards,

Zoheb
2005-11-08
16:19:36
The 45 day gaurentee only covers migrations out, not cancelation, and the charges on the account are correct as my colleage as has already checked.

Regards,

How far over the guarantee date am i? i am under the assumption that it was not until Thursday the 10th ? what would the cost of migrating out be?

Regards,

Mr Raza

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): CSA names removed. Please do not post these details]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Community Veteran

Presuming the ticket was raised within the garuntee period there is no way you should have to pay £222, you should only have to pay the cost of any deffered hardware / activation.
N/A

For future info. Whats the score to cancel when on monthly ? (2MB Broadband Premier.)
N/A

Man that sucks!!!! Evil

I wonder how many people have been siffed into a £200 odd pound bill to get out of their crummy contract!?
N/A

I have just been on the phone to customer service, and it seems that they made a mistake, i am still under my 45 days, so i have raised a ticket and will be leaving soon, i just need to pay £25 for the modem, which i can hopefully sell on ebay, and £47 for the activation fees and then i shall be off, what isp's would you recommend, i am a heavy downloader, about 70-80gb per month, and i want NO caps or throttling, i am looking at ukonline and freedom to surf, does anybody have any positive or negative things to say about those isps?
N/A

what isp's would you recommend

Glad you got sorted.

That question is best asked on ADSL Guide http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

This forum is for discussing Plus nets products and services.

You will get the chance to review many isps on that site and should provide better answers.
Community Veteran

For details on other ISPs and their offerings please check ADSL Guide or similar sites. This forum is for discussion of PlusNet's products and services only. Any discussion of other ISPs products may result in this thread being locked or removed.

Chris
shellsong
Grafter

@zohebandnisha

Glad to see that, by dint of persistence, you look like achieving a much less painful departure than was being suggested by CS in the tickets! Mind you I reckon PlusNet have a bit of cheek wanting the full £47 under the circumstances.
I hope you don't mind me asking but have you no use for the modem with your next ISP?

May your move be a happy one! Cool