cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not fit for purpose!

N/A

Not fit for purpose!

Now again I am without a connection

problems since 11th of April, with constant disconnects 3-4 times a day down for hours.

my sync speed dropped to 189 yesterday with a SNR of 30.
So there is plenty of signal there.

Dave Tomlinson made a change to my profile yesterday evening and since then I have had nothing!
Raise a ticket, get the usual garbage about check this cheack that. or BT will charge me. Do they not think I have tried that.
If they look at my ticket history they will see there IS a problem.

As they seem to take my money each month, but do not provide a service. This constitutes as THEFT.

So either PN fix my problem or Terminate my contract with immediete effect and refund the money I have paid since the 11th of April. I have no choice but to consult a solicitor.
I would rather blow my money on that, than let PN get away with this shoddy service they attempt to provide!
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Not fit for purpose!

Do you need to keep starting new threads, if you want people to see/read the history of your problems it is easier to use just one thread.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Not fit for purpose!

I'm having the same problem too. I just get messages telling me to pay £72 cancellation fee. £72 for what exactly when I can't even use the service (I'm typing this while at work). You can't speak to anyone, as the phone service tells you how you can do everything on the internet - no good when you can't even get a connection.
Frustrated is not the word.
DC
N/A

Not fit for purpose!

Chances are that the £72 you refer to is in lieu of deferred activation and hardware fees.

An example of how the fees could be calculated is:
Assuming you have been with PN for more than 12 months, but less than 24 months:

(£47 * 0.80) + (£25 * 0.80) + (£14.99)

=£72.59

Assuming that you have deferred a £47 activation fee.
Assuming that you have deffered a £25 hardware fee.
Assuming you are paying £14.99 per month subs. (30 days notice)

You can adjust the figures/calculations to suit if your situation is different.

PS. @cddsystems - you need to edit your title for the thread.forum rules tell us that block caps titles should not be used.
All CAPS titles/posts
These can be annoying not only because in general "netiquette" they
represent shouting, but the letters are also harder for the human brain
to distinguish, thus making them harder to read. Therefore, posting in all caps is not permitted.