cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not fair

mjtuohy
Grafter

Not fair

My a/c started with +net 1st nov 2003. After the recent probs my a/c will not be up to 8 meg untill 1st May 2006. My question is will i still be put on 8 meg before someone who was put on 8 meg on 3rd of april, but joined after me. Does this make sense,?
10 REPLIES
N/A

Not fair

Hi there.

I am not 100% sure that I follow you tbh.

The way the regrade system should work is this

Plus Net have placed the first 5000 orders with BT and regrades will go in this order:

1) 4mb and 8mb customers whose exchange is Max enabled (ie those already paying for it.)

2) Other customers who have Max enabled exchanges in order of how long they have been customers

So providing your exchange has been enabled you will be in the queue along with the rest of us.Smiley
mjtuohy
Grafter

Not fair

Thanks for the answer pcsni. The prob' I have is Won't I be one month behind the people who joined one day after me .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not fair

There's no connection whatsoever between when you get switched over to the new accounts with the new peak time etc. (your billing date) and when your speed is upgraded - they are two totally distinct things.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Not fair

Well plus net devotees how come plus net say themselves that some people will be regraded in May with billing dates outside of the range?

My billing date is the 29th and that tends to tell me the 29th of april or later for maxdsl!!!

Get your facts right lads!

check the forums and do not say i do not know what i am talking about as I do!

I wish you lot would read them and not reply with rubbish info as he has a valid complaint no doubt due to HIS reading of the forums!
passer
Grafter

Not fair

My billing date is the 2nd, so I appear to be stuck on the higher limits for another month...............it's an ill wind, eh? :?
The higher speeds won't really benefit me at all, and are probably going to take a month or two anyway, and I don't suppose that bleating about it will make any difference, so I'll just wait.
N/A

Not fair

Hi Barndon,

that is totally besides the point of discussion!

the point is that plusnet are typically, as usual, feeding people crap info!!!

I love these forums, but i am 4 months away from making a move and i WILL to aol.

AOL is easy to configure to a router if you know what you are doing and they do not shape traffic!!!

Plusnet - being greedy, talking RUBBISH about bandwidth, will get eaten up if they do not watch what they are doing!!!!

AOL could afford to buy them out, be thankful if they did - as they are a disgrace 15GB a month on an 8Gb service is frankly atrocious!

What if you wanted one of 4 linux distros over 3 days? tnhat could eat into 5Gb of usage FFS!!!!

Plus Net - stop talking crap - see what GREED is insidiously doing to you!!!

You WILL lose me as a customer as soon as i can migrate for free!

Do not get me wrong, I am not a heavy user, i rarely use 10Gb in a month - I am referring to PRINCIPLE!

Good riddance i say!
Community Veteran

Not fair

Actually the point of disscussion is the maxDSL upgrades.
N/A

Not fair

Funnily enough I thought that also Daniel.

I could very well be wrong though. Wink
passer
Grafter

Not fair

Thanks Daniel - I hadn't thought I'd gone OT. My point was intended to be ameliorative, and was in my second paragraph - the roll-out will take place in a manner already determined, and some people will feel slightly hard-done by. That's just how it is.
N/A

Not fair

Hi Barndon,

that is totally besides the point of discussion!

Strangely enough the OP's post is about the maxdsl upgrades and nothing to do with the caps. Go take the caps debate elsewhere (plenty of threads for it) and stop accusing people of being OT when they aren't.

The manner in which PN are prioritising people for the Maxdsl upgrades seems fair enough - do those who have being paying for these products first (not a massive % of PN's userbase anyway) and then do the others in order of how long they've been members of PN.

The product switchover is happening independently of the Maxdsl changes and will happen regardless of what ADSL product you use.