cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not being billed for PlusNet ADSL. What do i do

N/A

I have been with Plus Net since 2001 however today I noticed that since moving to the ADSL service last year I have not been billed for any services. I used to pay quarterly on my dial up account so did not notice Plus Net missing from monthly statements.

Looking at my transaction history I was charged an initial ADSL Charge, but nothing after that. My next payment date is listed as the 03/01/06. What's the best way to resolve this with PlusNet? I would struggle to pay in one go if PlusNet billed me retrospectively.

I understand that having used the service over the past year I'm obliged to pay the costs in some manner. However this could potential inconvenience me greatly for an error that I don't feel is really my responsibility.

Simon
14 REPLIES
N/A

Simon,

If I am to be honest with you...Having posted this in the open was perhaps not the best move. Let alone having posted it in 3 places all of which are closely monitored by Plusnet.

Yes I agree something is amiss, but there would have been a better approach, as a company it is in Plusnets interest to recoup that money now as fast as possible. This may even include cutting your internet access off until you have paid up in full.

I am really hoping that something can be arranged and that plusnets actions would not in anyway reach anywhere near these drastic measures.

I just hope it all gets sorted in a good, reasonable and acceptable manner for you.
Please do keep us posted though on what has happened.

Regards,
James
Grafter

Hi Tom,

I've already dropped Simon a message and commend his honesty.

We'll be looking to supply a solution which is in both of our best interests.
N/A

Cheers James,

I was made aware of this by Mark after I had posted lol. Ah well at least it cant be said we have ignored the thread Smiley

Regards,
N/A

Isn't it UK law now that businesses can't ask for back money when it's their fault?

Not that I'm stirring or anything Cheesy
Community Veteran

My understating is that they have 6 years to reclaim the debt.
I believe that the change is that they can not enforce it as a single payment, but must give reasonable time to repay.

Chilly
N/A

It is in the Terms & Conditions about PlusNet charging for the service, and taking the payment in advance.
13.2 When you register for the Service and/or place an order for Equipment, we will ask you to select a payment method and we will begin charging you for the Service on the date that the Service is activated, or when your Customer Order has been accepted (whichever is the sooner). Following activation of the Service, Charges shall be payable in advance monthly or annually unless any other payment method has been agreed in writing between PlusNet and the Customer or as detailed on any accepted Customer Order. Charges for Equipment ordered by you are payable by Credit or Debit Card at the time the order is placed.

As PlusNet has not fulfilled this part of the Terms & Conditions by not charging the customer in the manner agreed, they are in breach of the contract.
N/A

Actually that is incorrect.

We really need to be careful when giving quasi legal advice that we know what we're talking about. People who take things literally could end up in deep trouble as a result of some pretty poor advice.
N/A

Which post is incorrect, and why?
Community Veteran

Why do we always start quotings legalities?

The OP knows he has to pay (he has stated that) and has been honest in posting here and in other areas. He has not said he wants ways not to pay or to get out of a contract just advice on how this situation can be resolved.

PN have contacted them so I think we should leave the two parties talking to arrange whatever payment plan they can agree on. PN will be simpathetic as errors have occured on both sides so lets leave it at that.
N/A

I did not post in a way to suggest the OP does not pay or should not pay, and have not suggested that. I simply quoted a term and commented on it.

I hope you can see the difference in my post compared to that of dslweb who is asking about not having to pay.
N/A

I agree with Peter ( who posted whilst I was typing grrr lol.

fairdinkum,

As Peter mentioned why bother quoting legalities? Secondly would you actually take a company to court for not charging youHuh?
As rightly stated by Peter, the OP decided to of his own accord to let Plusnet know and has decided not to have a problem in paying this money provided it wasnt in one lump sum. From what im aware of some agreement has been arranged and the OP and Plusnet are both happy with this.

As far as I can see there are zero grounds for anything.

Regards,
N/A

As Peter mentioned why bother quoting legalities?

Looking back, I was the 3rd person to make a posting on this thread in such a way - and so my post was in context with the discussion in the way it was going at that time, being a continuation of that discussion.
Secondly would you actually take a company to court for not charging youHuh?

No, but as I have already said my post was not to suggest the OP does not pay or should not pay, and I have not suggested that. I simply quoted a term and commented on it - which was in context to how the discussion was going at that time.
From what im aware of some agreement has been arranged and the OP and Plusnet are both happy with this.

Well that's good, but the discussion had gone a bit further than this by the time I posted, as mentioned above.

My post was based on what it says on the Trading Standards website in regards to contracts (link) - under "Forming A Contract", and in particular "The Contract" paragraphs within.

As I said, I made my first post in context with how this discussion was going at the time, and was certainly not the first person to bring in any legalities - perhaps you should direct this to the first person who brought in such a sub-topic to this discussion - which was either dslweb or even yourself depending on how you read your first post.
N/A

Indeed I know that some form of legalities were mention int he 2 posts prior to yours. Some may even think my post was regarding legalities ( although I would need serious pointers as to where lol ).
I read the post of dslweb to be in jest and chilli's to merely answer his in jest question.
I would kindly ask though that this be left now and unless there are posts of worth ( myself included ) to be added to this thread then to simply leave it to pass as a resolved problem.

Regards,
N/A

Some may even think my post was regarding legalities ( although I would need serious pointers as to where lol ).

To reply to this:

Potentially seen as legal advice:
If I am to be honest with you...Having posted this in the open was perhaps not the best move. Let alone having posted it in 3 places all of which are closely monitored by Plusnet.

Potentially seen as legal advice:
Yes I agree something is amiss, but there would have been a better approach, as a company it is in Plusnets interest to recoup that money now as fast as possible. This may even include cutting your internet access off until you have paid up in full.

Moving onto other points:
I read the post of dslweb to be in jest and chilli's to merely answer his in jest question.

My reading of dslweb's post was that the 2nd part was in jest, but the 1st part was serious - followed by a serious post by chillypenguin.
I would kindly ask though that this be left now and unless there are posts of worth ( myself included ) to be added to this thread then to simply leave it to pass as a resolved problem.

Yes I agree - although I do still feel a bit picked on by 1 or 2 moderators, and a usergroup member (whatever that might stand for) for simply continuing a sub-topic within a discussion that I had not started, and could actually be seen as being started by a moderator.