cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Impressed

N/A

Not Impressed

Why am i paying for up to 8 meg and had to pay for an upgrade when you are capping me at 2500 when i sync up at around 4500 to 5500, i'm not happy with this service level infact i'm very fooked off cause its feels like your stealing my money every month please advise and sort this crap service out a.s.a.p
19 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Not Impressed

When did you get upgraded?
What does http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate say?
N/A

Not Impressed

Around 2 and a half months ago and its says 2500

speedtest from plusnet

Your current speed is:

1.44 Mbps

Which means you can download at 184.49 KB/sec. from our servers. Our results show that your current speed is below the level we would expect for your product, you may be able to increase the speed of your connection by adjusting your settings.

speedtest from adslguide

Speed Test Results

Downstream 1,527.0 Kbps ( = 1.5 Mbps )
Upstream 371.9 Kbps ( = 0.4 Mbps )

modem says,

DSL Speed
448 Kbps Upstream,
3456 Kbps Downstream.

i like the bit about adjusting my settings

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
IP profile for your line is - 2500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 3424 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2301 kbps
Community Veteran

Not Impressed

What profile does the BT test give you? >Link (The BT tester is often busy and takes a while to load and sometimes errors out).

You may want to do the more trad' BT test to assertain your lines capability from the exchange.
Here are instructions in-case you are not familiar. > Link
N/A

Not Impressed

:lol:
N/A

Not Impressed

As he said, try the *BT* speedtester at the link he gave.

It gives you your BT line profile and it that is at 2Mb then it is BT you should go and shout at.
N/A

Not Impressed

N/A

Not Impressed

which is why no-one wants to help you.
Community Veteran

Not Impressed

:arrow:
shellsong
Grafter

Not Impressed

did you just say blah blah blah ...

You may not have noticed but people on this forum have been genuinely trying to help you sort out your problem!

Evil
N/A

Not Impressed

N/A

Not Impressed

I cant use the old method as my modem wont allow me to not specify a password,

Have you tried entering testing as the password?
N/A

Not Impressed

If I didn't know better, it's probably down to your lousy, noise-inducing premises wiring which is causing your speed issues.

So nothing to do with Plusnet at all. Or even BT for that matter Smiley
N/A

Not Impressed

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
IP profile for your line is - 2500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 3424 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2301 kbps

bright sparks and genral users
please refrain from posting in this thread again i want offical replys not smarmy comments
shellsong
Grafter

Not Impressed

Its not my problem it is the Plus.nets problem as always but they wont accept responisbility for it then they use you like pawns to take the flak :lol:
I'm sorry but you are not all that and a bag of chips your not even employed by plus.net so you dont even "have" to post in this thread you do it of your on accord.

If you want "official" PlusNet support you should note that this is the "Community Support" forum where members of the PlusNet community of customers seek to help and be helped by each other!

If you are very lucky you might find that a knowledgeable PlusNet employee will make an appearance and be of assistance but don't count on it because this forum is deemed "unofficial" in PlusNet Towers

You may not have noticed it but your attitude has just guaranteed that some of the more capable members of this community will probably not go out of their way to help you
:arrow: