cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Impressed!

N/A

Not Impressed!

I have a 1MB line and two domain names hosted by Plusnet. I must say that I have had no problems with the connection, but I am not impressed with the service with regards to the web hosting.
My site apparently exceeded it bandwidth, the first I know of it is when a friend tells me that the site is down. I'm told by plusnet when I call them that they have sent me 3 emails to warn me of this. Problem is that I have not received any emails from them. So I have have two concerns. How long has my email been "dodgy". All the times that my friends told me they'ed sent something, but got it bounced back or I never got it. I always put it down to them getting the address wrong, now I wonder.
OK Plusnet are bl00dy quick in pulling my site down, but no one can tell me when it will be back up? I've sent the fax to the abusemaster (she gives as well as receives?) and still nothing. A fax for gods sake! its 2004. Is plusnet as confident in its email as I am now, that a fax is required?
Why can no one there just give me a straight answer and say it will be back on line on a given date?
If I was as vague and slow to respond to my customers as plus net are, I'd be out of a job. Why does it take so long? do departments in plusnet not talk to each other?. Is there some enormous mechanical lever that needs to be pulled and they have not got enough people to pull it?

I don't know I just give up with this lot.
21 REPLIES
N/A

Not Impressed!

Are you accepting e-mail for the address postmaster@submarine.plus.com ?

Any e-mails sent to yourself usualy come via this address, as it is required you monitor this address as part of your contract.

As for your friends getting bounces, are you sure they are suing the right address (as you noted)?

E-mail is in the form mailbox@username.plus.com and not .net
N/A

Not Impressed!

I just tested it and it works OK. My contact email has been dh@akula971.com, as well, and in the past a tiscali address. Whenever I have received billing info, it has gone to both addresses. postmaster, And tiscali.
jberry
Grafter

Not Impressed!

Hi there,

I think the FAQ is out of date since you could have raised the template from there through the contact us system. I believe your ticket is with networks at the moment so will be picked up tomorrow morning now. The delay is caused by the fact that this is the remit of another department so when it gets picked up is delendant on the amount they have on as quesries are simply picked up the order they are received.

The e-mails that were sent to you would have been sent to postmaster@username.pluscom which we request you monitor.

Regards,
N/A

Not Impressed!

The email address works at this point in time. My concern is will it work tomorrow? and the next day, then the next. How many emails have I lost or not received in the past?

A read or delivery receipt would be a good idea for plusnet to adopt before taking action.

Totally and utterly pissed at this whole affair. I now question if I would be better of elsewhere with a cheaper 1MB line and seperate company to host my tiny little web site (with nice big videos LOL)
csogilvie
Grafter

Not Impressed!

A read or delivery receipt would be a good idea for plusnet to adopt before taking action.

Not really, many people ignore read and delivery receipt requests.
N/A

Not Impressed!

I have not received any emails from plus net regarding bandwidth I can only conclude that a). They where never sent. b). The email service has a lot to be desired!

On the website front I still do not have access to my webspace. I shall send the FAX again on Thursday the 10th of June. I have emailed one too.!

The ticket 12044760 says that no fax was received?

So I've sent a fax, an email and spoken to several people. Plusnet know about it. I know about it BUT NOTHING AT ALL is happening! apart from the fact that
my patience is running out! and I'm now scouring the net reviewing other ISP's
N/A

Not Impressed!

Not really, many people ignore read and delivery receipt requests

Yup. That'd be me! I hate the things and find receipt requests intrusive.
lhorwath
Grafter

Not Impressed!

Hi there,

I can understand your frustration at the situation, however I have just spoken to my network team who deal with WOB and they have shown me the logs of sending the emails to both your contact email address and the postmaster email address. I have sent a test email to both to see if they get there.

If you want, you can send your fax directly to me, my fax2email number is 0870 7065244 .

Kind regards

Luke
N/A

Not Impressed!

"I'm told by plusnet when I call them "

You have a phone number for them. all I get after dial the number they advertise 0845 14002200 is that this number is no longer in use. Cant find anyother contact number for them.
csogilvie
Grafter

Not Impressed!

May have something to do with the fact taht the number is 08451400200...
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Not Impressed!

The number is 0845 1400200. You've got too many 2's in yours.

Phil
Community Veteran

Not Impressed!

You have a phone number for them. all I get after dial the number they advertise 0845 14002200 is that this number is no longer in use.

Can you post a link where that phone number is given so it can be corrected. Unless you made a mistake?
lhorwath
Grafter

Not Impressed!

Hi Sub,

I've recieved your fax and passed it to the networks team.

kind regards

Luke
N/A

Not Impressed!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Thats why there is no reply then LOL