cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Impresed

N/A

Not Impresed

I'm new to F9, I was recommended by several people on a gaming forum. I have to say so far I'm less than impressed. I originally signed up on the 9th June 6 days before our exchanged was to be enabled. I made it clear this was the case and was told by sales this would be ok. On the 10th June someone took my order and did a line test and found that my exchange wasn't enabled, therefore the order was put on hold. I wasn't aware of this. On the 22nd of June I called to see when I would be up and running, it seemed nothing had been done and I had to wait another week for BT to come and take out my ISDN and enable my line. OK so mistakes happen and I thought no worries. On the 1st July I would be on a 2 Meg line. Once up and running I found I was on a 1 Meg line. This despite the BT engineer advising I was enabled for 2 Meg and most of my neighbours being on 2 Meg. All my emails advise I’ve ordered 2 Meg. I have rung on 3 occasions now. On 2 occasions I have been told my account is UP to 2 meg and I've got 1 meg so that’s ok. What a load of tosh. I'm paying for a 2 Meg premier service. It distinctly says that I get 2 Meg as STANDARD. I was also told I would have 2 Meg today, but its not happened. Now I've been told that they are very busy and I'll have to wait in the queue. It could take some time, but adviser could not give me any time scale, as it has to go back to BT to sort out. Could take several blooming weeks if BT are involved. This comment did surprise me, as either my line is enabled for 2 megs or it isn’t. I wont be recommending anyone else to F9 until things are sorted. Perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but I run my own company, and when mistakes are made (As inevitably they are] We make sure our standard of service is first class. We also treat our customers with respect. On 2 of the occasions I've spoken to sales the respondent have been somewhat surly. I don’t like being treated like an idiot I'm afraid. Hopefully I’ll look back in a few months and be very happy with F9. Time will tell
Over to you F9 Sad
8 REPLIES
deepfatfrier
Grafter

Not Impresed

That doesn't sound too good, I must say! Sad

What F9 say is essentially true, it is "up to" 2Mb. But if your line can support it (which, if your neighbours can get 2Mb, is most probably true) you should be getting 2, and not 1.

It isn't F9's call as to whether or not you get 2Mb, as far as I know BT check on a database which simply adds up the line length and noise levels from the exchange to your house, and works out what you can get. Apparently F9 have had several customers be told by BT they're out of range for 2Mb when they're quite clearly within range, which asks questions about that database... :?

If BT are involved, it may well not be F9's fault (my exchange was due to be regraded in May, it eventually happened on the 25th of June - BT aren't the fastest of people!). This doesn't really account for the lack of information you've been given though, as I'd certainly want to know what's happening.
I may be talking a load of old tosh as it may well be F9 just not being on the ball for once, but there are a lot less complaints around here than there are on many other ISPs of similar size, and I don't see an equivalent of BT OpenWoe being set up against F9! :lol:
I also found out about F9 from gaming, although in my case it was someone's hostmask being displayed as they joined an IRC channel... Tongue

Good luck with the ADSL, I came from Virgin ADSL who now have three rather restrictive "plans" and no 2Mb service, so my opinion is - don't give up just yet! Wink
N/A

Not Impresed

Yeh cheers m8, maybe I'm being a bit too harsh. And there a hundreds of us on Half Life Clan Collission League, many recon F9 are very good. Your right about the line test btw. When BT checked the engineer was very good and gave me lots of feedback. He advised 2 meg would be no problem. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.
deepfatfrier
Grafter

Not Impresed

I don't think you're being harsh, whether it's F9's problem or not they ought to be telling you something about it, and saying 1Mb is "fine" when you know you can get 2Mb really is a load of, ahem... cow excrement. :lol:

I'm playing CS:Source at the moment, can't wait for the new version of cs_assault to be released next week! (Speaking of which, the pings to most UK servers are pretty damn good on F9...)

I'm only saying you shouldn't go elsewhere too soon because I've looked elsewhere just to compare, and I can't really see anywhere which is a touch on F9. On BT/AOL/all the other major ones the service is just too bad, and support is non-existent - my friend's been trying to get a line trouble sorted for the last 6 *months*. On places like Pipex it's more expensive, and small ISPs tend to be a bit unreliable. As I said, I came from Virgin ADSL, and luckily got out before they started restricting bandwidth and making their "plans" Shocked

Good luck anyway, give 'em a grilling if they try to tell you any more tosh! Cheesy
slev
Grafter

Not Impresed

Hi Memtok

All new orders should be activated and enabled at the fastest the line can support upto 2 mb.

Is your line 2 mb at the exchange but only 1 mb at F9 ?

Try the BT Speed Test to find this out if you havent yet, more info HERE

Hope this helps

Ian
N/A

Not Impresed

From what I have read it looks like its completely BT's fault on the technical side and there is very little that F9 can do about it..... I say very little, all they can do is ask BT to hurry up and thats about it Sad

If your connection says 1mbps then its BT's fault for not giving you the correct line speed... but if your connection says 2mbps and you are still getting 1mbps speeds then its either BT's fault for a rubbish network / not giving your exchange enough bandwidth (likely) or F9 putting a 1mbit limit on when you have ordered premier (unlikely tbh).

Support can be patronising at times unfortunately, not much you can do about that - especially when they are just following a support procedure and they dont really understand it themselves. It is the way of support though (not just F9).

However I bet most of the problems with your connection that you will experience is squarely BT's fault - and there is not much any of us can do apart from wait for them to get their *behind* in gear Smiley

Hope ya get sorted soon !!!

Jarv
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Not Impresed

Mmmm, memtok I've had a look at you account and our attempts at getting your line regraded to 2MB appear to be failing. Can you PM me the telephone number of the line you have activated for ADSL and your postal code??

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Not Impresed

Its been fixed and I now have a 2 meg line.
Seems Bobs intervention made the difference.
Just a bad start I suppose. But i dont hold any grudges, and look forward to recommending F9 to my friends and family.
Dont know who was to blame, but I suspect as usual it was BT. Dont suppose I'll ever know. Nways good fragging all
slev
Grafter

Not Impresed

HI

Glad this has been sorted out for you ,

I had a similar problem a few months back, when I checked my account I noticed the CLI number registered on my account was an old number I used to have which caused errors when trying to get upgraded.

Changed the number and bang sorted in 7 hours :-)

Kind Regards

Ian