cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Happy

N/A

Not Happy

Sent my details for upgraing my adsl account last week, money taken from account same day.
Closed ticket that said order was being processed

Checked today what the status was of my upgrade, only to be told that by closing this ticket my order could not be processed,

Two questions

Why wasnt i told that closing the ticket stopped the process
and
How come money was not put back into account when stated

I have now got to wait till next tuesday before they will look at this again, why such a long wait

i'm not happy and had i not been on a years contract i would be considering whether to remain with plusnet

hopefully things might change bt in the mean time i will not hold my breath.

Carl Singleton
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Not Happy

Very strange, the ticket system is not what is driving your upgrade so closing the ticket should have no impact on progressing your upgrade.

You should query this as it does not sound correct.

If one of the support guys is reding this maybe they can confirm what has happened. What was the ticket number that you closed?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Not Happy

Hi Carl,

The regrade process is essentially a manual process. When you raise the ticket to regrade it will be checked to ensure that the details are correct and the payment will be taken. It will then be passed on to the Broadband Operations Team to action the regrade with BT. If you close the ticket between these two points then the provisions team don't know that you want a regrade and so can't issue it.

The money wouldn't have been refunded because again, we wouldn't have been alerted that you'd closed the ticket to issue a refund.

The reason for the week is that's how long it takes to process a regrade. The Broadband team will have placed the regrade order and will check it in 7 days to ensure that it has completed and change your account type (or refund the payment if the application fails).
Community Veteran

Not Happy

So what should he do? ask for a regrade again or will it now be processed?
N/A

think

carl think about this company service i left them and now i am hapy
N/A

Not Happy

Peter

they have sent the ticket to the upgrade department again, but it wasnt until i asked on the progess

the clock has started ticking again from today rather than last thursday

Dtomlinson, support person - as regards it being a manual process, maybe plusnet should look carefully at this point, if you can see that i closed the ticket to stop progress with my upgrade how come you couldnt see that i'd closed it to issue a refund??

Double standards, havin your cake and eating it Huh?? a couple of phrases that spring to mind.

regards

Carl
N/A

Not Happy

alkhamis - just out of curiosity where did you move too, and did u get stumped for mega cash to close accountHuh

regards

Carl
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Not Happy

We are looking on making the regrade process automated via XML so this should stop cases like this from happening.

Essentially if you close a ticket unless we look at your account we don't know the ticket was closed. We deal with thousands and thousands of tickets so it would impractical for us to be alerted everytime a ticket was closed.

The payment is taken manually rather than triggered by you raising the ticket so again there is no way that we could have known that you wanted a refund unless you had replied to the ticket (or raised a new one) asking for it.
Community Veteran

Not Happy

That appears to be a fault in the system being used if the ticket is the only method that other depts are informed of actions being taken. Surely there must be something or someone who is overlooking things like regrades (especially as it's a manual process) that would have spotted this situation and queried why it was closed.
N/A

Not Happy

Dave
the point i'm trying to make is the fact that to stop my process somebody has looked at my account to see that i closed the ticket, therefore why couldnt someone have got in touch to explain the situation?? I dont want to get into a extracted argument i'm just trying to point out that maybe your system needs a few tweaks

I just knew when i signed up i should have gone straight to the 1meg line but wanted to see what plusnet was like, all aspects of the service have been very good until this little issue came up.

I'm happy to drop this now, it was to highlight the fact that in this instance it was not commuicated that simply closing a ticket was halting the regrade problem. I hope that it is taken on board.

I just want my connection and a few more days is gonna kill me :-) (not bad since waited 18 months for BB any ways)

regards

Carl
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Not Happy

Part of the situation is that the system doesn't distinguish between a ticket requesting a regrade and any other customer raised ticket. So when a ticket it closed it just closes and that's it. I'll see what I can do though for future cases.
N/A

Not Happy

Dave,

thanks for looking in and at least picking up on this

regards

Carl

:lol: ps pull a few strings and hurry my regrade up ;-) (cheeky i know, but mum said you dont get if you dont ask) :lol:

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Emoticons enabled for you, as I presumed you anted them!]
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Not Happy

No problem Carl, don't think there's anything I can do to speed things up as BT are showing that the earliest possible date it could be done is the 24/2, but you never know, sometimes it happens early.
N/A

Not Happy

Was worth a try

cheers anyway

how will i know when its been done though, will an automated system respond or will some one let me know :?

cheers

Carl
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Not Happy

The first thing you'd notice is that your connection drops for about 20-30 minutes (usually overnight) and that it re-syncs at the higher speed.

Once we get notification from BT that this has been done we'll update your ticket and your account type will change over.