cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Happy

N/A

Not Happy

Its just gone 1am and I have tried to both download a song from my Napster subscription and only getting 80kb instead of the usual 230kb not good enough when paying £39.99 for a 2meg broadband package.

Also tried downloading a Hi-Def trailer from Microsoft instead of the usual 230kb I am getting around 66kb.

What is going on? Could somebody at Plusnet please look into this for me?
7 REPLIES
Sandro
Grafter

Not Happy

Hm, I've thought it is only me... Premier 2Mb ... Tried to download a 45 mb file from a site which can go up to 2 mb - no way, Hose, it took ages to download.
The browsing is also very slow.
N/A

Not Happy

Not happy heh...not many of us are with this ISP!
Community Veteran

Not Happy

michael49,

Can I ask why you are paying £39.99 for your 2mb line?

I havent used P2P in a while and have never used USENET, so cannot coment on the speeds at the moment. Have you received an email from Plusnet advising that you have been placed on a traffic shaping profile?
N/A

Not Happy

You're paying sooo much!
max you should be paying is £21.99
Community Veteran

Not Happy

@michael49
@russica

Clutching at straws here but you guys haven't received a usage e-mail?
Sandro
Grafter

Not Happy

@michael49
@russica

Clutching at straws here but you guys haven't received a usage e-mail?

Not yet... Smiley Though, I guess, I am very close to the limit - have been experimentally trying to establish "the limits of allowed use" last month - having no definite answer from Plusnet. (All my family of five did a good job downloading Smiley
But I am not over magic 100 GB this month - unless the Plusnet staff playing "Minority Report" and punishing folks for the future "crimes". Smiley

No, the speed affected was that one on HTTP, the USENET was all right, didn't notice any deterioration. It is all rather strange, I never had this problem with low speed on HTTP sites. Today it is actually much better.
N/A

Not Happy

No I have not had any emails from Plus regards my usage.

My average monthly download is just below 50GB so well within the limits.

I must say at about 1.30am my downloads resumed to normal high speed but browsing still seemed slow so I wonder whether there was a fault of some sort. It will be intresting to see whether my downloads are slower again tonight between the magical peak hours of 4pm to 12