Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Happy With Upload....

PhillipH
Grafter

Not Happy With Upload....

Hello

For the past few days my upload speed (sending files to my website server) is so rubbish its unbelieveable (im talking 0.48 kbs)
what the hell is going on here.
i might even start uploading using dial up its quicker and doesnt time out!!!

answers please (not on a postcard)

thank you
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Not Happy With Upload....

Hi,
Sorry for soudning rude but where have you been. The speeds have been down for over 2 weeks. An upgrade to solve the problem was postponed as one Plusnets core routers failed and caused widespread connectivity problems. Those now, i believe have been fixed and the upgrade is coming soon.

I think Plusnet are making a statement tomorrow afternoon, so we'll have to see what they say.

Hope this puts you in the picture. This isnt all the details but its the main ones.

fallingwaters
Grafter

please, please,please, dont start using dialup, we have enough problems already with the engaged signal without ADSL users joining in.

Best of luck
Bill

N/A

Why should we need to use Dial-up. We have already paid for DSL so why pay the penny a min aswell. You`d think plusnet would make allowances for this.
N/A

> Hello
>
> For the past few days my upload speed (sending files to my website server) is so rubbish its unbelieveable (im talking 0.48 kbs)
> what the hell is going on here.
> i might even start uploading using dial up its quicker and doesnt time out!!!
>
> answers please (not on a postcard)
>
> thank you

Hi there,

As has been documented in our Service Status section we are aware that some customers are experiencing slow speeds, in particular with uploads. We have an upgrade planned which we believe will resolve this, a further announcement is due on this shortly. We do apologise in the meantime for any inconvenience caused to customers suffering from this.

You may also wish to try altering your MTU settings, while we are not officially recommending doing so at this stage this has improved upload/download speeds for many customers. Further information on this can be found in a number of threads in our ADSL forum.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

PhillipH
Grafter

hmm well i dunno whatta say now!
i guess my adsl uploading for my web designing will have to be rubbish till an upgrade is done.

only took 3 attempts to upload a small file today Tongue

yours