cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norton and Speedtests

N/A

Norton and Speedtests

Hello
I'm using Norton Internet Security and when I run a PN speedtest I have to disable it get the packet that's being tested. Does anyone know the port to allow through the firewall?
Cheers

Stuart
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Norton and Speedtests

Assuming it hasn't changed since NIS2004 I don't think that the problem is ports but the type of file used for testing which falls foul of the filtering system - try re-enabling Norton part way through the speed test
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Norton and Speedtests

Why run the Plusnet speed test? - it's excrement! Even the Plusnet Comms team recommend the use of other testers such as http://www.speedtest.net/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Norton and Speedtests

Must admit I do use others such as speedtest but I have lots of issues with my speed and have logged numerous calls with PN about it. I figure if I use the service they offer and the dedicated BT speed test then when I bitch and moan they can see the results on their servers and can't fob me off.

"You can't lead a horse to water and make him drink, but if he sees what's in front of his nose he might believe you!"
N/A

Norton and Speedtests

Havent used norton for a while now, as my router is the best firewall I have had... but if I remember, I had same prob until I edited the firewall for portal.plus.net to allows activex, scripts, etc.. I cant remeber which one did it, but one of them fixes the roblem of it not running...