cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non geographical backup number for people that lose ADSL

N/A

Atleast people will be able to use dialup, not ideal but better than nothing and not be penalised by having to pay lo-call rates. In this way people would be able to use BT anytime in the interim to make internet calls.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi, I believe all PlusNet ADSL users also have access to their 0845 dial up number. Check under My Account --> Connection Settings --> Connection Details for the 0845 number and login settings.

The only problem I see with this is that less and less people now have a plain old modem with the advent of BB. I know I haven't so if BB goes down I have no net access.

Julian
winnipeg1823
Grafter

When My ADSL was down I asked plusnet to update me by phone as I didnt have internet access to view the tickets. Their response was "use dial up" when I explained that I had no modem to access dial up they said "well use the libary"
They need to realise not everyone can access dial up etc
N/A

I end up using my XDA, @ £1 for unlimited GPRS usage it just about gets me by. Obviously though I cannot perform the usual tasks I would normally such as having my mail server run from home and use ftp to backup sites, and I dont have a dial up modem either. Not to mention the library needs you to be a member to use the computers and on top of that most sites are heavily vetted.

But thats my backup plan Wink
aeroalfie
Grafter

Tom:
Is "£1 for unlimited GPRS" on orange PAYG? Also is it really unlimited or like 1MB - and does it acess full internet or just phone company approved websites ( walled garden i think they call it)?

I see T-mobile do a good mobile internet deal (web & walk) for about £7.50/10.50 full internet access 2GB a month - the catch is you have to be on a t - mobile contract phones.

cheers.