cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 6600 on virgin

N/A

Nokia 6600 on virgin

Hi,
I have a Nokia6600 and I'm on Virgin pay as you go. I have been unable to either send or receive emails. I just cant get the settings right. If anyone out there can help I would be extremely grateful.
many thanks
Sandy
4 REPLIES
N/A

Nokia 6600 on virgin

Can Virgins own support team not offer any advice?

It may be a better option for you.

It is likely that you will need to use their smtp settings or whichever settings they permit.

There was an issue sometime ago that Virgin did not support POP3 and SMTP mail. Dont know if that is still the case.
LiamM
Grafter

Nokia 6600 on virgin

You shoult be able to receive mail without issue through mail.plus.net. Virgin, however, do not provide an SMTP server... so therefore you cannot send emails.

T-mobiles's SMTP server may work, I don't know, as Virgin are piggybacking onto T-Mobile's network. Worth a try I suppose - smtp.t-email.co.uk.
docrobster
Grafter

Nokia 6600 on virgin

I use virgin on my t610 to get emails with no problems but they don't have an smtp service to use to send with. I have found the gprs to be hit and miss, but if you go to the virgin mobile website you can get the settings for email wap gprs and mms sent to our phone, which should set it up automatically. to send email from my phone I use mail2web or the stripped down version of PN webmail.
Can't remember the exact settings but if you get stuck PM me and I'll look in to it
Rob
N/A

Nokia 6600 on virgin

Thanks everyone. I have finally managed to set up my phone to receive emails. I'll give mail2web or PN web mail a try to see if I can send mails.
many thanks
Sandy