cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NoConnection

N/A

NoConnection

Still not working for me either, I hope Plusnet haven't forgotten about us and are looking into this, though time is beginning to march on and this problem does seem to be dragging on a bit now Sad

I am using my neighbours pc as i cannot get a connection when i put my pc on it loads and there is no internet connection. broadband comes on automatically when i have my pc on. I have tried shutting it down and starting again; it happened yesterday after i had done my avg 7 check which was updated from 6 to 7 and i turned it off to go out. when i got back home i could not get a connection. i unplugged the cable on back of modem and put it back in but still nothing. the money has just been taken for my broadband service and i cannot use it. i tried twice this morning and nothing. I wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same problem . not sure if this is the right place to put this. i will have problems reading the replies to this too.
9 REPLIES
N/A

NoConnection

Hi mercy,

Dont think your issue relates to this thread.

Maybe a mod could move it to the right place where it may get noticed by those that need to see it.

I dont entirely understand your post.

perhaps you could let us know more about your setup, hardware, O/S etc.

Regards

Mark
Community Veteran

NoConnection

Split from Auto logon as suggested.
mbooth
Dabbler

NoConnection

Hi There

I am not sure as to the exact nature of your fault here is it working tih your neighbour's machine and not yours or is it an issue in your house and not his. If you can just clarify this a bit we can look into it for you.
N/A

NoConnection

my pc is not connecting to internet like it normally does. my neighbour has telewest so her pc is working fine. I am in the library today to read these replies but it is not open tomorrow. I use windows 98. I have had dsl broadband since early this year and had a problem awhile back where the internet was not there but later the same day it connected. Since then i have been using the internet with no problem. It was on Tuesday after I had used the pc and shut it down after doing avg anti virus check with avg7 that the problem occurred. I put my pc on expecting it to work as before but it never connected me to internet. I don't know why one day it is working and then suddenly there is no internet. I do not want to go back to trying dial up as it is too costly and I am already paying monthly for this service. I have the binatone modem the newer version which was free back when I had the service started.
Sals
N/A

NoConnection

Hi mercy,

When you have no connection from your PC is the modem syncing with the exchange. Do you get a steady link light showing on the modem.

When you try to access the internet do you get an error message or does the modem give you any messages?

Regards

Mark
N/A

NoConnection

hi i have 2 green lights steady on the modem but the 3 rd light only blinks occasionally. my yahoo connects when all is loaded on pc but now it does nothing and if i try to open up a page from favourites. it says something about proxy server and does not load.
Sals
N/A

NoConnection

Hi mercy,

Your connection (if connecting to plus net) should not be using a proxy.

From Internet Explorer click Tools at top of screen - click internet options - connections. Select never dial a connection. In Lan settings select Automatically detect Settings and make sure the Proxy Server box is unchecked.

If this is not your issue or does not resolve the current problem let us know.

Regards

Mark
N/A

NoConnection

hi thank you for your help, I went into control panel and internet setttngsyesterday and found that the tick had moved from never dial a connection to the proxy one and put it back where it should be. never dial a connection. i also changed the splitter but it made no difference. when i try to open a site it says opening page and then it cannot do anything . i do not get any error comment but aim will try to come up to tell me page not available but of course it cannot appear either. as the two green lights are lit and steady i know the modem is active but the 3rd light just blinks occasionally. it is strange how earlier in the day i had connection and then when i put my pc back on it never connected. i will not be able to read any messages now till tuesday when my neighbour lets me use her pc. she is so kind but i need my pc to connect me like it was before.
Sals
mbooth
Dabbler

NoConnection

Hi

This sounds like either the modem may not be connecting at all, or it is connecting and you are not getting any data transferring on the connection.

You mentioned earlier you are using the Binatone modem, so you should have an icon for this on your desktop. When your PC all starts up and you have the 2 green lights on on your modem, if you double-click on the Binatone icon this should then tell you if it is connected or disconnected.

If it says disconnected, try telling it to connect and then try some websites. If it already says your connected you would be best calling our Customer Support so they can test your connection for you.