cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No warning: Default mailbox being blackholed

itchyfeet
Grafter

It appears my default mailbox is now being blackholed. I neither requested this nor was I warned about it. I also regularly check the default mailbox (and receive e-mails via it) so I'm not one of the people who hasn't used it for 180 days.

I dread to think how many e-mails I may have lost.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you saying this because there are no e-mails in your default mail box?

Double check with webmail.

And also try sending your self a e-mail, to see if you receive it.

PlusNet are not blackholing default mailboxies, but there have been problems with the mail service.

Chilly
N/A

same here, with at least 3 mailboxes (on a PlusNet business account) getting the blackhole message. CS are aware of the problem, but have omitted to report it on the service status page...email seems to be arriving at the blackholed accounts, but there now remains that element of doubt as to whether anything's been lost...
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Doesn't look like your mailbox is blackholed as far as I can see, I've asked the networks guys to take a look and will keep you posted.
wisewood
Grafter

The same has happened to two of my accounts, plus a family member who is also with Plusnet has received the same warning. It seems that mailboxes of the form firstname.lastname are affected - the message is warning that mailbox 'firstname' has been "blackholed".

Scripting error would be my bet.
N/A

I've just received one of these emails on one of my accounts. The account is still working (and gets emails every day), so I assume it's because the email address is also in the form of firstname.lastname as wisewood has stated.

Well, I'm guessing that's what it is since it doesn't actually state which of my (many) mailboxes it's referring to.
long-gone
Grafter

Could it have anything to do with this?
We would like to assure customers that the script we will be running has been extensively tested and signed off by 4 senior personnel and our QA teams. We are absolutely confident that there is no risk involved with the work we are going to be performing, and that no genuine Email will be lost.
Liam
Grafter

That is an unrelated issue.

Please see this :

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1166804211.htm
itchyfeet
Grafter

I'm confused. Is this supposed to be fixed? Mails to my default mailbox are still bouncing.

Brian
MrToast
Grafter

I suggest you raise a ticket.
Mand
Grafter

I'm confused. Is this supposed to be fixed? Mails to my default mailbox are still bouncing.

Brian

Hi

Your ticket is currently with the networks team for further investigation. There should be an update on there shortly.