cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No subject

N/A

No subject

I recently had an enquiry about your broadband packages (my exchange gets enabled soon) and posted my enquiry on the relevant board. Within minutes one of your forum admin (Im not sure if this is a paid member of your staff or someone you allow to help out) contacted me. 'Great' I thought 'another quick reply'.
Instead this was a request to change my avatar (which I have done). I then receive another request to change my avatar from a differnent person. Now both these people obviously read my post but deemed not to reply it but instead inform me my avatar is too big (25k as opposed to 10k!). I find this sort of thing very annoying. If the had replied to the post and asked me to change the avatar I wouldnt have minded in the slightest but to read the post (a quite simple question I thought - answered by a customer in the end) then decide that its not worth replying to and then complain about avatar sizes seem, to me, very poor customer service.
5 REPLIES
N/A

No subject

It was myself and John that sent you the message.

John had noted that he hadn't spotted that my message to you. This is the reason for the second message.

As for replying to your messages, I would sugest you have a look at other forums around the internet.

Moderators are there to help police forums, and not to answer every question at call. It simply does not make sence to only police threads where a moderator has replied to a message.

We do help where we can, however, it is not always possible. If you still feel you have a complaint with the moderation team, I would sugest putting it in writting to Ian Wild at iwild@plus.net
N/A

No subject

No - no need to take it any further but its a bit off to say 'just look around the forum'. Again poor customer service.
Ianwild
Grafter

No subject

It should be clear that the moderators are not customer service staff and are not paid. I believe they do a great job in managing the forums and they do answer questions which are in their own areas of expertise. These forums are a PlusNet community resource and while they are provided by the company, we do not have an active role in what happens here - That is down to the users...

If you need a response from support, the link:Contact Us system on our portal is the place to go. Perhaps, on the basis of that, I could ask you to edit the subject of your post?

Cheers,

Ian
N/A

No subject

I don't think this is poor customer service. You ignored the avatar limit and were only, I'm sure, politely asked change your graphic.

As another customer I appreciate the time given by the moderators; complaining when they do their job well is, in my view, inappropriate to say the least.

I happen to think the avatar size limits are more restrictive than they need to be but that's another topic.
N/A

No subject

I didnt fully realise their function within the company.

I apologise to both forum admins concerned. In the past Ive had very good service from Plusnet. I guess I got lucky.