cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No speed continuity unlike before?

N/A

When I was on the 2mb package, the download speeds I experienced were always a solid 230kBps, sometimes this would dip to 200, but on the whole it remained at 200-230kBps.

Now the BBMax has come in to play speeds are erratic to say the least and more often than not I'm finding that I'm achieving 60kBps or 120kBps speeds much more often than the supposed speeds promised by Plusnet.

What I'm trying to get at is that I'm paying for a 2mb line at least and it doesn't even perform to that standard half the time let alone 8mb. I feel very frustrated that I'm paying £21.99 for a so called 'Premier' package which is anything but premier. Do we have a choice in this matter? Do we just have to put up with the varying speeds? Is it right that the connection performs poorly the majority of the time? Do PN even care about this?

According to the contact us responses the answer is no.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You are not paying for a 2Mb line at least, you are paying for an up to 2Mbs line or if Maxed / LLUed, an up to 8Mb line - the important word being up to.

Neither PN or BT or Tiscali can guarantee the speeds you get due to their being contention on every single ADSL connection. BT have also stated > 2Mbs speeds during their peak periods is also not guaranteed.

You culd have opt-out of both DSLMax and LLU or opted-in for both as detailed in several announcements made by PN.

As for PN not caring, they still have many thousands of fault reports to get through for both MaxDSL and LLU, so response times for questions is often in days rather than hours which can appear as though PN do not care. It is simply they have too many fault tickets in the system for them to cope with..
N/A

You are not paying for a 2Mb line at least, you are paying for an up to 2Mbs line or if Maxed / LLUed, an up to 8Mb line - the important word being up to.

Neither PN or BT or Tiscali can guarantee the speeds you get due to their being contention on every single ADSL connection. BT have also stated > 2Mbs speeds during their peak periods is also not guaranteed.

You culd have opt-out of both DSLMax and LLU or opted-in for both as detailed in several announcements made by PN.

As for PN not caring, they still have many thousands of fault reports to get through for both MaxDSL and LLU, so response times for questions is often in days rather than hours which can appear as though PN do not care. It is simply they have too many fault tickets in the system for them to cope with..

This single post needs to be stickied, as no-one seems to understand the sheer depth of the problems that BBMax have caused.