cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service,no support,wasters!!!

N/A

E-mail from p-net telling me that all was well and ready to go on 12/9/05!!
ADSL active, line tested and ready!! GUESS WHAT?? It's now the 29th Sept and I have yet to get my broadband up and running!! I've rang p-net multiple times (lost count now!!) and all I keep hearing is it's a problem for BT wholesale to sort out. When they intend to fix the problem is anyone's guess!!
Technical support is non-existent, customer care is a joke and the only thing p-net managed to get right was take the payment from my bank account!! When I informed them of the situation and that I might have to cancel, they were very quick in informing me that I would have to keep the modem and pay them another £25 for it, even though at this point in time it's as useful as a chocolate teapot!! Whether the fault lies with p-net or BT w-sale, I do not know, but I do know my connection is non-existent and my bank account a bit lighter. POTENTIAL NEW CUSTOMERS, BE WARNED, I WISH NOW I'D SHOPPED ELSEWHERE!! Sad
8 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Have Plus Net stated what the problem with BT Wholesale or the activation actually is. Does your ticket provide any more detail.

If you can tell us a bit more we might be able to point you in the right direction for more information.
kwhawell
Grafter

we have a few threads on this subject I think, but from what I can gather, even if you did change provider, as far as I'maware it wouldn't make a difference, because btwholesale still have to sort out the mess they have, from what I understand, they are in a bit of a mess with their internal systems so no matter who you use, it would still be the same,

my advice is to hold tight, and see what they do in the next week or 2.
N/A

Cheers for the help. Got a call from plusnet telling me that BT wholesale would at long last be calling out to investigate the problem next tuesday. Lets just wait and see if between them they can actually get something right!!
kwhawell
Grafter

let us know how you get on, PM me if you want, or post here.
N/A

Welcome to my world! I was told my order was activated on the 14th of September and I still have no Premier Broadband. I have tried cancelling because I do not feel paying £21.99 for nothing is fair. I am sick of the "we are doing everything we can " line, as we cannot get in touch with BT Wholesale but they can!! Plusnet just do not seem to care.
N/A

I do not feel paying £21.99 for nothing is fair.

And neither would most people.

Whilst it is unfair now, I would hope that once the issue is sorted Plus Net will recognise the problem and move you billing date to account for the downtime.

This has been done before, as the example above shows, and I am sure it can and will be done again.

Unfortunate as these issues are, Plus Net have proved to be sympathetic and understanding in the past. If your connection has not worked from the outset, then the Early Life Failure process may be invoked which will certainly take care of the billing. As for communicating with BT Wholesale, well thats a story in itself.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
N/A

If it's any consolation, I do understand your frustration and concern since I was in a similar situation when I signed up with PN originally (just over a year ago now). They had taken the activation charge and first subscription payment from me but the broadband was not syncing. I raised a fault which resulted in a BT engineer coming out to "fix something" on my line an entire 2 weeks after the "activation date". At this point, the broadband finally started working. I asked if they would put my billing date forward to cover service not supplied since the "activation date" and they were fine about it. Just make sure you ask clearly in the ticket since those who don't ask don't get! Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

As Mark says, if the service has never worked and the problem lies either with ourselves or BT Wholesale then once the fault is resolved we can credit you with any time paid for without service.