cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reponses to tickets

N/A

No reponses to tickets

10 days ago I upgraded my account from Premier opt 1 to premiere opt 3.

Haven'y had any speed upgrade yet to max dsl but that will happen sometime (I hope)

However, I keep getting my modem lose it's sync for long, long periods at a time, generally in the evening.

I first raised a ticket last Sunday, did all the checks as asked and got to the "checks being carried out, come back in the next 2 hours" message. Did that no response, in fact no reply until I raised a seprate ticket 48 hours later!

The reponse to me was conflicting, early on it said no fault, then said later from someone else it was a BT fault (all appear internal comms) then the final response to me was. If this problem continues we MAY be able to re test/take further.

Well, of course I still have a problem, and your tests show there's a BT fault so whats happening about itHuh?

Replied that I was having a problem and now a further 4 days on still no reposne.

Come on PN, let me know what's going on.

Is this anything to do with my upgrade or Max DSL - or is it a genuine BT fault

I shouldn't need to resort to raising my complaint in the firums to get you to respond :?
6 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

No reponses to tickets

Its possible that this has occured since a regrade to Max was attempted on your line, but even if that is the case you shouldn't loose sync that often.

When it comes to faults, it can take 48 hours for the full checks to be run, even through the automated system, the 2 hours mentioned is for the initial checks that can often indicate what the problem is if its something that you can resolve locally.

In this particular case it would appear that your ticket hasn't been moved correctly by the system, as the automated fualt checker is supposed to either raise the ticket through for the attention of our faults team or close it back to you, but it would appear that the intervention of an agent has caused this to fail, leaving the ticket stuck between yourself and our faults team meaning that until it was manually moved by myself the faults team wouldn't have been aware of it.
N/A

No reponses to tickets

Not sure if this is the same problem, but since upgrade occassionally in the evening the modem seems to sync and connect at 8MB, but 'not collect' an ip address so that I cannot use the connection.

Raised with PN and got:

"There is no record of any connection between the times you have specifed. Your modem/router would not have been connected to our server during these times.".

in reply - which of course was the point of my question. So no idea where the problem is. Of course (in my case) it is easy to turn a co-incidence into cause and effect, but as far as I can tell the modem is working fine.
N/A

No reponses to tickets

Thanks for your intervention Jon. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Does this sort of thing happen often then?
JonathanW
Grafter

No reponses to tickets

Thenkafully, its a rare occurance for a ticket to get stuck in the same way that yours did. I've seen maybe two or three instances since we first introduced the automated faults checker.
N/A

No reponses to tickets

Ok Jon,

Time to help me out again!

another 48 hrs on and again No action has been taken on my ticket since you've intervened, starting to get seriously miffed now Evil
N/A

No reponses to tickets

Thenkafully, its a rare occurance for a ticket to get stuck in the same way that yours did. I've seen maybe two or three instances since we first introduced the automated faults checker.

It's not that rare. The EXACT same thing happened to me as well.

Incidentally, I was sent an email on the 12th by Plusmet saying leave your system on for between 7pm and 11pm so we can check your line.....

I received that email last night.

EVERYTHING is going wrong with Plusnet right now. Ever since the DSL upgrade.

I've had download speeds <500K for 2 weeks. [They were as low as 160K].
I can never get through to speak to support.
Email is delayed by days.
My connection drops randomly.
Tickets get 'stuck' and remain unaswered.

Its just awful to see how the service has degraded. I've been a customer since 2003 and generally very happy but if Plusnet can't fix my problems I'll go to another provider who can. I'd advise others to do the same.

This maxDSL has been a nightmare for me. I really wish they hadn't implemented it now